This item is excluded from our Free Shipping. Please order this product separate from other items, and select UPS Ground shipping at checkout when ordering individual bags and kits. Pallets will ship freight, and we will contact you with a freight quote once we receive your order, or you may choose to contact us for a freight quote prior to ordering.
For a long time, people have loved the look of concrete but wished they could use it for certain architectural pieces without having to add so much weight to their project. Xtreme Lightweight Plus 3 is a pre-blended concrete bag mix that can accomplish just that. It will cut up to 57% of the weight of typical concrete even when applied at full thickness!
Can be used in a variety of applications: A few examples are custom-made exterior wall tiles and balustrades to faux-wood shutters and window dressings.
Xtreme Lightweight Plus 3 (also called XS Ultra Light) is a dual component lightweight bag mix able to create cast pieces that can replace heavy, bulky precast concrete architectural elements. XS Lightweight Plus 3 light concrete casting mix greatly reduces the materials and labor required to construct traditional architectural detailing and panels. Thinner precast pieces are routine and quicker production times are accomplished. With a wide range of textures and color selection, design considerations are nearly limitless. XS Lightweight Plus 3 provides a durable precast element for a pleasing architectural detail with the lightest achievable weight. Each bag of Lightweight Plus 3 is to be mixed with 1 gallon of Xtreme Lightweight Modifier.
When trying to reduce labor costs on concrete fabrication projects, being able to limit your de-molding and installation crew to only one or two people can be a huge help. With a material density of only 59 lbs per cubic foot, a piece cast in XS Lightweight Plus 3 light concrete casting mix is less than half the weight of a typical cast concrete project. This weight savings can also help to make architecturally engineered specifications a little easier to accomplish, being able to limit the load on multiple story buildings.
PACKAGING 35 lb (15.9 kg) bag
COLOR OF MIX: Beige
MIXING RATIO 1 gal XS Lightweight Plus Modifier to each 35 lb bag of XS Lightweight Plus 3 (+ up to 1 gal. additional water)
COVERAGE Approx. 14.2 ft² @ ½” thick (0.59 ft³ volume yield per bag)
DENSITY 59 lbs./ft³ (960 kg/m³)
COMPRESSIVE STRENGTH ASTM C-170 n/a
3 day - 4,090 PSI (28,199 kPa)
7 day - 4,980 PSI (34,336 kPa)
28 day - 5,410 PSI (37,301 kPa)
FLEXURAL STRENGTH ASTM C-880 n/a
3 day - 775 PSI (5,343 kPa)
7 day - 905 PSI (6,240 kPa)
28 day - 860 PSI (5,930 kPa)
TENSILE STRENGTH ASTM C190-85
3 day - 510 PSI (3,516 kPa)
7 day - 510 PSI (3,516 kPa)
28 day - 550 PSI (3,792 kPa)
SHELF LIFE Under normal conditions: XS Lightweight Plus 3 bag mix and XS Lightweight Plus Modifier when the container and packaging are kept dry and moisture free, out of direct sunlight, the shelf life of an unopened product is (12) months from the date of purchase. Additionally XS Lightweight Plus Modifier should be protected from freezing. Storage for both products must be under roof and off the floor. Rotate inventory to maintain product that is within limits.
How Do You Apply SureCrete XS Lightweight Plus 3 Light Concrete Casting Mix low-density concrete casting blend?
XS Lightweight Plus 3 light concrete casting mix is an extremely simple product to use when you’ve got a mold to fill. For full mixing and instructions, refer to the Tech Data Sheet (TDS) link above.
- In a 5-6 gallon bucket, pour in XS Lightweight Plus Modifier and 32 oz of water and any powder colorants you want to use to integrally color your mix, and mix thoroughly, slowly adding the XS Lightweight 3 dry contents from the bag.(add up to 32 oz more of water to mix to a consistency you like)
- Pour in or hand pack XS Lightweight Plus 3 light concrete casting mix into your mold, making sure to move the mix around in your mold to get rid of any air pockets or voids.
- In warm weather, allow 10-12 hours before removing from the mold (in extreme cold temperatures or for a very thick pour, allow 14-18 hours).
- Once de-molded, use SCR, diluted at 3:1 with water, to clean your new surface.
- If there are any small pinholes in your surface, you can use a Cement Slurry mix to fill, but our slurry mixes are either gray or white, and the Lightweight 3 is more of a beige color. You can blend some gray cement slurry in with some white cement slurry until you have a close match, or you can attempt to sift out some of the really fine powder from the actual XS Lightweight 3 mix itself and then use that to make a slurry and patch any voids in the concrete piece.
- If you desire any additional color or accents, now would be the time to apply a stain like Eco-Stain.
- Your new XS Lightweight Plus 3 light concrete casting mix surface is now ready to receive a coat of sealer, such as the XS-327 Sealer, and be finished!
Frequently Asked Questions About XS Lightweight Plus 3 – Light Concrete Casting Mix:
- Question: Should I use Lightweight Plus 3 Light Concrete Casting Mix?
- Answer: The first consideration is whether or not you intend to add a custom color to your mix integrally. The Plus 3 light concrete casting mix is a buff color by nature and contains less cement (the main carrier for color in a concrete mix) and will not accept color very well at all. The Plus 3 is also a slightly less dense material for the pieces that need to be much lighter in weight.
- Question: How long do I have to leave XS Lightweight Plus 3 light concrete casting mix in the mold?
- Answer: In most climates, 10-12 hours is sufficient. In much colder temperatures, extend that time to 14-16 hours, but don’t leave it in the mold any more than 24 hours.
- Question: Can I use XS Lightweight Plus 3 Light Concrete Casting Mix in a Pour-In-Place project?
- Answer: No, it should be used in pre-cast forms.
- Question: Can I use XS Lightweight Plus 3 Light Concrete Casting Mix outside? Will the pieces I make freeze and break?
- Answer: It certainly has the strength to deal with freeze/thaw climates, just make sure the surface itself is protected by a exterior concrete sealer.