- GraniteLook™ is a product that is mixed with Liquid Colorants to transform your countertop or floor into a beautiful granite style surface.
- This GraniteLook Kit includes the base products needed to create approx. 60 sq. ft.
- Included in each kit is 20lbs of Micro-Tek™ RG, 20lbs of Micro-Tek™ SG White, 1
gallon of GraniteLook™, 4oz each of 7 different C-Series™ Liquid Colorants, 1 quart of
DuraSeam™, 15ft of polyester fiber tape, and an instructional DVD.
- GraniteLook is mixed into small spray bottles with the Liquid Colorants, and spritzed onto the cement surface. Using multiple colors creates a very realistic granite look, and can be used to create 'veining' in the surface.
- Other items you may want to have that are NOT included in this kit: Small Trowel (sold here), Squeegee Trowel (sold here), Masking tape & plastic tarps, 6-10 spray bottles, and paper towels.
- Application Instructions: View TDS.
- View MSDS.
- It is not recommended that GraniteLook™ be applied to bare concrete.
- It is recommended that GraniteLook™ be applied over the Micro-Tek™ Micro-topping.
- When applying GraniteLook™ as a countertop, remove the existing countertop and rebuild or overlay with high quality plywood.
- Place a strip of the Polyester Fiber Tape over the seams of the substrate.
- Cover the seams with the DuraSeam™ Liquid Membrane to reinforce the joints. Note: DuraSeam™ may be applied to the entire plywood surface for additional protection, if desired.
Application: (Application videos below as well)Step 1: Microtopping Base Application
- Begin by applying Micro-Tek™ Micro-Topping RG, clearly labeled STEP 1 on the bag. Mix approximately half (10 lbs.) in a 2 gallon or larger bucket with 1½-2 quarts of water. Mix on medium speed for 1-2 minutes or until fully mixed. Allow the material to slake (rest) for 5-10 minutes. This enables the dry polymers to activate and for the micro-topping to work as designed. TIP: You are looking for a consistency similar to grits
- Once the material has slaked, mix it for another few seconds and begin application with a squeegee or trowel. Once dry, (usually between 2-4 hours) sand ridges and high spots. 60 grit Diamond Hand Pads (sold here) work great for sanding.
- Apply Micro-Tek™ Micro-Topping SG White, clearly labeled STEP 2 on the bag. Pour about half (10 lbs.) into a 2 gallon bucket. Mix this dry material with 2-3 quarts of water on medium speed for 1-2 minutes or until fully mixed. Allow the material to slake (rest) for 5-10 minutes. This enables the dry polymers to activate and for the micro-topping to work as designed. TIP: You are looking for a consistency similar to melted ice cream or smooth pancake batter
- Once dry, (usually 30 minutes to 1 hour) you may lightly sand any ridges or high spots with 220-grit sandpaper. Re-apply Micro-Tek™ SG White an additional 1-2 times, sanding between each coat for the smoothest possible finish.
- TIP: When working to place material on the sides of a countertop, you may carefully allow a small amount of material to run over the sides. Apply the material with a chip brush or with your hand.
- It is important to spray a mixture of up to 3 fluid ounces of C-Series™ Liquid Colorant per 15 fluid ounces of water onto the Micro-Tek™ base to provide a good base color for the GraniteLook™ application. This can be done with a small paint sprayer or spray bottle. For best results, use an earth tone color. The Liquid Colorant: "Putty" is often used for this initial coloring. Note: Several colors may be used individually or in sections to create “veining” or other natural-looking variances.
- Pour GraniteLook™ into five or more spray bottles (up to 28 oz.) Add two ounces of C-Series™ Liquid Colorant to each 10 ounces of GraniteLook™. Do not combine colors. Mix only one color per bottle. Shake well. Note: If GraniteLook™ is thick, add small amounts of water to achieve desired consistency. Spritz your pigmented GraniteLook™ solution over the Micro-Tek™ base repeatedly and at various angles, beginning with the lightest color other than white. Proceed spraying the solutions from lightest color to darkest. Repeat with all colors at least twice to create additional depth. Note: When spraying, use short, “popping” sprays. This will create misting and droplets that resemble natural quartz and minerals present in natural granite.
- Let your GraniteLook™ application dry for a minimum of 8 hours. Seal with a high-quality durable sealer, according to the sealer application instructions. UV Shield (sold here) is a great high-gloss epoxy sealer that works great with the GraniteLook surface, but is only suitable for indoor use. Outdoor countertops can be sealed with any of our Countertop Sealers.