- Polyaspartic Urethane coating. Super durable, hard coating to put over concrete floors, countertops, or over epoxy as a top-coat.
- Available in 66% Solids, and 95% Solids.
- Protek 66 set up faster (harder to apply for a beginner) and goes down thinner- Protek 66 VOCs not allowed in states: CA, CO, UT.
- Protek 95 sets a little slower (easier to apply for a beginner) and is a thicker build so less coverage per gallon. Legal in all states.
- Gloss finish. You can sand or buff the coating after it's cured to reduce the gloss level, and will also smooth out any imperfections or dust that settled into the coating.
- ProTek™ 66 is a solvent-based two-component 66% solids by weight polyaspartic aliphatic urethane clear coating. ProTek™ 66 has excellent chemical resistance, hardness, abrasion resistance, UV stability and has an excellent clear gardner color. The outstanding feature of this product is its exceptionally quick tack free time of around 1-2 hours for foot traffic.
- Recommended for areas where a thin/medium build clear coat is desired over a broadcast system and installation downtime is very limited. This product is suitable as a thin/medium build coating only.
- Available in 1 Gallon, 2 Gallon, and 10 Gallon sizes.
- Coverage: 200-800 sq. ft. per gallon (50-200 sq. ft. per quart) at 2-8 mils wet thickness, depending upon the existing substrate surface profile, and thickness of the designed system.
- Mix ratio is 1:1 (Resin to Hardener)
- ProTek 66 TDS
- Protek 66 MSDS
- ProTek™ 95 is a solvent-based two-component 95% solids by weight polyaspartic aliphatic urethane clear coating. ProTek™ 95 can be used as the base coat and the topcoat over decorative flake broadcasts or colored sand broadcasts to provide an infinite array of color schemes or patterns. It has excellent chemical resistance, hardness, abrasion resistance, UV stability and has an excellent clear gardner color. However, the outstanding feature of this product is its quick tack free time for foot traffic.
- Recommended for areas where a medium build broadcast floor is desired and installation downtime is very limited. Can also be applied over a broadcasted or troweled system as a thin to medium build sealer. Medium build will help to fill in minor imperfections in the concrete and help level out better than the ProTek 66 will.
- Available in 1 Quart, 1.25 Gallon, and 2.5 Gallon sizes
- Coverage: 100-160 sq. ft. per gallon (25-40 sq. ft. per quart) at 10-15 mils wet thickness, depending upon the existing substrate surface profile and thickness of the designed system.
- Mix ratio is 3:2 (A:B)
- Protek 95 TDS
- Protek 95 MSDS
- Refer to TDS sheet for full application instructions.
- Surface preparation will vary according to the type of complete system to be applied. The most suitable surface preparation would be a brush blast (shot blast) to remove all laitance and provide a suitable profile. All dirt, foreign contaminants, oil and laitance must be removed to assure a trouble free bond to the substrate.
- A test should be made to determine that the concrete is dry; this can be done by placing a 4’X4’ plastic sheet on the substrate and taping down the edges. If after 24 hours, the substrate is still dry below the plastic sheet, then the substrate is dry enough to start coating. The plastic sheet testing is also a good method to determine if any hydrostatic pressure problems exist that may later cause delamination.
- Apply with a good quality, short-nap roller, only enough to smooth material.
Care & Maintenance:
- For maximum life expectancy, routinely sweep and wash floors with appropriate cleaners and detergents. Some cleaners may affect the color of the floor installed. Test each cleaner in a small area, utilizing your cleaning technique. If no ill effects are noted, you can continue to clean with the product and process tested.