Concrete Etch - Eco-Friendly Biodegradable Cement Etcher and Cleaner
Ships from Illinois (Click for average Ground delivery map )
Shipping: This Product can take 2 to 3 business days to ship out.
Ships via FedEx/UPS only
Concrete Etch - Eco-Friendly Biodegradable Cement Etcher
- “C” Etch is a concentrated, environmentally safe, biodegradable, concrete etcher, and dissolver for profiling concrete surfaces prior to application of certain concrete stains, sealers, and other cementitious coatings, as well as removing cementitious deposits from tools and unintended surfaces without damage.
- “C” Etch is not a traditional acid and is non-fuming. It is formulated to be used both interior and exterior. It is a commercial grade, concentrated formula that is diluted with water depending on the application. The VOC complaint formula is good for North America. It has a pleasant citrus scent that is not considered harsh by most users.
- BENEFITS: RELEASES NO FUMES LIKE MURIATIC (HYDROCHLORIC) BASED ACID CLEANERS…SAFER THAN MURIATIC ACID ON CONTACT WITH SKIN
- Etches concrete quickly to a profile great for stains and sealers
- Safer on skin than muriatic acid
- Great for safely cleaning concrete tools
- Cleaning vinyl and wood home siding
- Etch concrete countertops before sealing
- Effective coverage varies based on dilution rate
- DOWNLOAD: TDS Concrete Etch
Specifications Concrete Etch - Eco-Friendly Biodegradable Cement Etcher
- COMPOSITION: Phosphoric acid, glycol compounds with neutralizing detergents and surfactants.
- 5 gallon pail
- USE: Only mix or use TI C-Etch Surface Cleaner in plastic polyethylene or polypropylene buckets, as acidic materials will attack metal. Always pour cold water into the bucket first and then add C-Etch Surface Cleaner solution to the water.
- Dilution Rates:
- To clean efflorescence and lime stains dilute C-Etch 1 part to 8 parts water
- To clean rust stains dilute C-Etch 1 part to 4 parts water
- To clean aluminum dilute C-Etch 1 part to 4 parts water
- To remove mortar dilute C-Etch 1 part to 1 part water
- To etch concrete Use Surface Cleaner undiluted
- COVERAGE RATES: Recommended coverage rates are typically 100 square feet per gallon average of diluted C-Etch Surface Cleaner, with textured or porous surfaces usually lower at approx. 50 square feet per gallon and harder, denser, less absorbent surfaces at a higher rate of 150 square feet per gallon
Instructions Concrete Etch - Eco-Friendly Biodegradable Cement Etcher
SURFACE PREPARATION: Protect the surrounding property, vehicles, and all non masonry acid sensitive surfaces from contact with C-Etch Surface Cleaner application, overspray and rinse runoff. All masonry should be acid cleaned before installing any metal fixtures, hardware, windows, doors, or roofing materials. These areas have to masked or protected completely with polyethylene sheeting or strippable mastics if they are already installed to the building. All caulking and sealants should be applied and cured before acid cleaning.
APPLICATION: Thoroughly saturate the surface to be cleaned with potable water. Apply the C-Etch Surface Cleaner solution working from the bottom to the top with an acid washing brush (stiff, densely packed bristles)or with a corrosive resistant low pressure sprayer at no higher than 50 p.s.i. maximum. Allow the C-Etch solution to remain on the surface for a minimum of 5 minutes or until the etching reaction (fizzing or bubbling) is no longer evident. Re-apply a second time if needed, taking care to rinse the surface thoroughly with potable water, removing all of the spent cleaning solution. High pressure rinsing proves most effective and will aid the speed of the stain or deposit removal, however, it is recommended to keep the pressure under 1000 p.s.i. to avoid damage to masonry. Hot rinse water up to 180°F (82.2°C) can be used to help improve the C-Etch Surface Cleaning ability and assist in faster stain removal. Clean tools and equipment when done with fresh water.
CAUTIONS: Do not mix C-Etch Surface Cleaner with other acidic, alkaline or chlorinated based cleaners as the resulting fumes may be harmful or possibly fatal. Always pre-wet the surface to be cleaned with water. Do not allow the C-Etch Surface Cleaner solution dry into the masonry or concrete. Inadequate pre-wetting of the substrate and complete rinsing of the spent acid residue may result in surface staining or “acid scum” formation. C-Etch Surface Cleaner will not remove petroleum, grease or oil stains in concrete or masonry substrates, therefore these stains should be removed first by use of TI C Cleaner or any other cleaning solutions formulated specifically to remove petroleum based deposits. Do not apply C-Etch Surface Cleaner when temperatures are below 35 degrees and dropping as freezing conditions may harm the cement surface.