- The EXPell Polishing Pads were designed for Concrete Polishing, but work great on granite or other stone.
- Professional grade, premium Wet Polishing Pads.
- Design matrix allows for aggressive polishing.
- Higher diamond content than other polishing pads.
- More aggressive than standard polishing pads, and longer life.
- Exceptional polishing results on concrete, natural stone, engineered stone and quartz surface.
- Designed for WET use only. Pads designed for Dry Polishing are also available.
- Grits are color coded on the Velcro backing.
- Velcro Backing Pads sold separately.
- Available Grits: 50, 100, 200, 400, 800, 1500, 3000, White Buff, and Black Buff, - and in packs of:
- Full Set: All 7 Grits, 50-3000#
- Concrete Counter Kit: 3 Grits, 50-200#. Most concrete countertop sealers require a surface honed to finer than 200 grit for proper bonding, so polishing to just 200 grit is normal.
- Buff Pads are for a final, high polish, and should be matched to the color of the stone: (White buff for light concrete, marble, travertine, or other surfaces, and Black Buff for dark surfaces)
- Measurements: 5" Diameter, 2.6mm Thickness.
- Wet pads should only be used wet. Polishing with a wet pad without water will burn and ruin the pads.
- Optimal RPM: Wet - 4000 RPM maximum.
- DO NOT exceed the recommended RPM for the pad- it will burn through the pad at a faster rate!
- Coverage rating for Diamond Pads is basically non-existent.
- The reason is because each user will use the pads differently, and each surface will have different hardness ratings, which will effectively change how long the pads will last polishing that surface.
- A Polishing Tool (Polishers sold here) should be used, not a grinder. Polishing with water needs to be done by a tool that is safe to use around water, and most grinders are not water-friendly. Grinders also usually have very high RPMs, which will chew through a diamond pad. We carry a variety of polishing tools, both electric and pneumatic.
- Allow the polisher to do the work. Forceful excessive pushing down on the polisher and pads will burn through them faster than necessary.
- Keeping the pad flat while polishing will prolong it's lifespan. Polishing at any angle will wear the edges of the pad faster than the middle.
- A general benchmark (keep in mind GENERAL means your results could be drastically different) is that when polishing concrete, to polish deep enough to expose some sand and aggregate in the concrete, a 30 Grit pad would be used first to get 'down' to the desired level. One 4" Wet 30 grit pad is usually sufficient to get a small sized kitchen (40-50 sq. ft.) polished down to expose sand and gravel aggregate. Purchasing more of your lowest grit needed is usually a safe way to ensure you get the job done. Wet pads will usually have at LEAST double the life of a Dry pad.
- Once the surface is honed to the proper depth, the rest of the pad grits are used to now polish the surface, removing the scratches left by the 30 grit. So, a 50 grit, then 100, 200, and so forth. Each finer grit removes the scratches from the previous coarser grit.
When polishing a sink, it is usually harder to get the polishing tool down into the sink and maneuver. A polisher extension will make this process much easier. Polisher Extensions sold here.
- Please keep in mind that what works for one, may not work for another. Concrete hardness, the hardness of the sands/gravel, etc. will all effect diamond pad life.
- Granite, Marble, or other stone surfaces will polish differently than concrete, and usually are just 'polished' rather than being honed first to get to the proper level of exposed aggregate.
The polishing pads worked well as expected.
Nice quality polishing pads, Wear well and polish well. All I am asking for and more, Thanks Xpressions.
These pads worked great, the price was right and the durability was too. I will definitely reorder as needed!
These pads are nice and flat and wear evenly. Seem to last a long time. Much better than others I've tried.
grerat product hold up well and fast shipping will continue to use this company and its porducts in the future