Fumed Silica Thickener for Resins and Mold Rubbers
- A fine powder that can be added to resins (epoxy) and polyurethane and silicone liquid rubbers to thicken them for brush-on/lay-up applications.
- Consider PolyFiber II (sold here) as an alternative when thickening polyurethane rubbers and plastics; PolyFiber II is not as readily airborne as Fumed Silica.
- Sold in 3lb (5 gallon bucket) and large 10 lb bags.
- Usage: Wear protective gear (mask) when working with this, as it's a very fine dust. Add as much or as little as you want, until you see the desired thickness of the urethane or silicone mold rubber.
- Download: Saftey Data Sheet (SDS).