Trinic Plasticizer Powder Admix for GFRC and Concrete
Trinic Plasticizer is a proprietary blend of a powdered plasticizer with dispersing and wetting agents for production of ultra high performance concrete and GFRC.
Each bag contains a desiccant packet to keep the product dry. DO NOT USE
- Faster blending, easier wetting out of cementitious paste and color components.
- Increases compressive and flexural strength as well as acid and stain resistance of concrete.
- Eliminates overnight shipping costs in winter, will not mold or spoil.
- Improve color dispersion, intensity, and stability resulting in better color “pop”.
- Works well with from scratch mix design, also turns bag mixes into high performance concrete.
- Meets the requirements of ASTM C-494 A and F High Range Water Reducers
Specifications Trinic Plasticizer
- 5lb bucket.
- Coverage: 5 lbs. at 0.5% dosage will make @ 200 sq. ft. at 3/4" thick.
5 lbs. at 1% dosage will make @ 100 sq. ft. at 3/4" thick.
- Download: Tech Data Sheet
- Download: Safety Data Sheet
Dosing / Mixing Instructions Trinic Plasticizer
- Start with .5% of the total cementitious weight
- To make SCC wet-cast or SCC GFRC, use up to 1% of the total cementitious weight
- Do not dose over 1% of the total cementitious weight when using in conjunction with Trinic System 1 WetCast or Trinic GFRC Admix
- When dosed above 0.75% Trinic Plasticizer will also act as a slight retarder. To counteract this effect, covering with blankets may be necessary to achieve next day demolding. Trinic Stage II Accelerator can also be added to the mix to counteract this effect.
MIX DESIGN: Trinic has developed easy to use formulas to assist you in developing several high and ultra high performance mix designs:
BASIC GFRC MIX (@ 1/2 Cubic Foot Yield)This is enough to produce 8 square feet of GFRC ¾” thick.
Back coat is just face coat with glass fiber dosed in the range of 2-4% of the total dry weight of the batch
- Portland Cement 30 lbs
- We recommend White Portland cement. Different cements will react slightly differently to the admixture.
- You can replace part of your Portland cement with a pozzolan to make stronger and greener GFRC. We recommend Bright White Silica Fume.
- Always make a test batch prior to production runs
- Sand 30 lbs
- Sand graded anywhere from 30 grit (fairly course) to 70 grit (very fine) can be used
- Recommend starting with a 40-50 grit sand for face coats and back coats.
- You can offset thirsty fine sand with additional Trinic Plasticizer.
- Water - 9 lbs or 1.08 gal
- This will give you a water to cement ratio of .3, which is a very good starting point
- Plasticizer (optional, for SCC: Self Consolidating Concrete)
- You can add up to an additional 1% of the cementitious weight of Trinic Plasticizer to make a Self-Consolidating GFRC Mix. Start at .25% Plasticizer and work your way up from there as required.
- Trinic Tec 10 Admix
- Dose at 3% of the cementitous weight. Ex. 30 Lbs. (cementitous content) x 3% = 0.9 lbs Trinic Tec 10 admix.
- Water Demand
- Cement Type - Different cement types will have different water demands to reach the same slump. Not just white and grey, but cement from different mills will react differently.
- Sand - The size of the sand grain and the sand type both have an effect on slump. Generally the finer the sand the higher the water demand.
- The water to cement ratio is the total water divided by the total cementitious content.
- The water in the sand or the absorption factor of the sand must be accounted for in order to calculate an accurate water to cement ratio.
- Extremely wet sand can contain up to 10% moisture.
- Dry sand can absorb up to about 2% of its weight in water. This is known as satisfying the sand’s absorption factor.
- The sand absorption is largely responsible for the false set you may experience.
- DRY SAND EXAMPLE:
- Example with dry sand. 30 lbs of sand and 30 lbs of cement... How much water gives you a .3 w/c ratio?
- 30 lbs of cement * .3 = 9 lbs of water
- 30 lbs sand with an absorption factor of 1.5 = .45 of additional water to satisfy the sand’s absorption
- Adjusted water to achieve a .3 w/c ratio is 9.45 lbs
FAST SETTING GFRC MIX DESIGN
- Sand 30 lbs
- Portland 25 lbs
- CSA Cement 5 lbs: This can vary depending on required set times (this is 20% of portland dosage)
- Tec 10 Admix 0.9 lbs. This is a 3% dosage based off cementitous total (3% x 30 lbs = 0.9 lbs)
- Water: Start off with a .30 water / cementitous ratio (9 lbs water, add about 80% mix, then add as needed)
- Plasticizer: Add plasticizer at up to 1% dosage for doing SCC
- Fiber: Add fiber in backer coats or all in one SCC pours at 3% total dry weight (60 lbs x 3% = 1.8 lbs fiber)