Create Durable Stamped Concrete Surfaces with LITHOCHROME® Color Hardener
What is LITHOCHROME® Color Hardener:
LITHOCHROME® Color Hardener is the ready-to-use, powdered dry-shake hardener used to add color into the surface of freshly placed concrete. It produces a hard, long-wearing, abrasion-resistant surface.
LITHOCHROME Color Hardener used in conjunction with LITHOCHROME® Antiquing Release (available in the same colors shown below) is the ideal coloring system for creating realistic, professional quality stamped concrete surfaces.
Due to heightened surface density the color-hardened concrete has improved resistance to the effects of freeze-/thaw cycles and de-icing salts. It is ideal for pedestrian or vehicular traffic areas such as malls, retail stores, restaurants, sidewalks, streetscapes, driveways, hotel lobbys, car parks, both indoors or out.
Where to use LITHOCHROME Color Hardener:
- Exterior hardscapes
- Interior floors
- Base color for stamping or texturing concrete
- Nonfading, permanent colored surfaces
- Durable in freeze/thaw conditions
- Hard, dense and abrasion-resistant
- Best for imprinting with concrete stamps
- Cost-effective and easy-to-maintain
- Sold in 50-pound pails.
- Residential Projects: 2 applications which total 50 lbs/100 sq. ft.
- Commercial Projects: 2-3 applications which total 90 lbs/100 sq. ft.
- Light colors require 2-3 applications which total 90-120 lbs/100 sq. ft.
- Heavy duty uses require 3 applications which total 120 lbs/100 sq. ft.
- Determine the amount of material needed. Make sure to use the proper dosage rate.
- Broadcast material onto the surface EVENLY by hand or with a mechanical spreader.
- Floating should be done with wood floats so the surface remains open and the hardener material gets fully worked in. Work in with a wood bull float.
- View LITHOCHROME Color Hardener Color Chart
- View LITHOCHROME Color Hardener Contractor Sheet
- View LITHOCHROME Color Hardener TDS
- View LITHOCHROME Color Hardener SDS
Colors shown below are the standard colors. There are many custom colors that require 15+ pail minimum orders (such as Blue Smoke, shown in the color chart). Please contact us if interested.