- Our SDP (Super Durable Polyurethane) Line of Sink Molds are made from the highest grade Polyurethane Rubber. Won't chip and crack like fiberglass, and much easier to get out of concrete after casting. A lifetime of reusability.
- SDP-12 32" Farm Sink Mold Measurements:
- Length: 32" (Across)
- Width: 17 1/2" (Front-To-Back)
- Depth: 8.5" (At Drain)
- Sides have at least a 5° slope to ensure Mold removal from concrete
- The 32" Farm Sink Mold for concrete sink fabrication.
- The 32" Farm Mold is designed to show four profiled angles at the bottom of the sink, all sloping towards the drain.
- Kitchen sized drain.
- Create a seamless integral concrete sink and counter top, or form around to create a vessel sink.
- Each Sink Mold comes with a reusable rubber drain hole knockout.
- Oversized, Extra-Deep kitchen drain hardware designed for thicker concrete sinks sold here (up to 1-7/8" thick sinks!)
- All our molds have Lifetime Guarantee against defect. This Guarantee does not cover misuse of the Molds (Dropping the Mold, Prying the Mold out using a screwdriver, Driving onto it with a truck tire... etc.).
- Expressions LTD will not be held liable for any damage, misuse, or collateral damages resulting from use of any of our products. If there is a flaw or defect with a product, we will fix or replace the product.
- Watch videos of Mold Setup, Casting, and De-Molding/Removal on our YouTube Video Page.
- A basic Sink Mold Instruction sheet is available here.
- When planning, remember to add 1" - 2" to each side of the sink to your measurements, to account for the concrete thickness on the sides of the finished sink.
- Optional- Rubber molds don't 'need' to be waxed, but it can help to make removal easier. To wax the mold, apply 2-3 coats of Mold Release Wax to the mold, lightly buffing between coats once it hazes.
- Apply small amounts of silicone to the Mold's bottom, and set in place in your form. Allow silicone to dry.
- Screws can be used to secure the Mold if necessary. Using screws of the appropriate length, screw through the bottom of the form, up into the bottom of the Sink Mold.
- Run a smooth silicone bead around perimeter of the Sink Mold, where it meets the form base (using a tool such as our Caulking Ball Tool makes this process very clean and easy).
- Apply a thin coat of Rubber Safe Form Release to the Mold just prior to casting the concrete piece.
- Various methods can be used to cast the concrete piece. View our Concrete Recipe section for tips on concrete mixes.
- GFRC: Cement and fiberglass is sprayed on and hand packed into the form and around the Mold.
- Wetcast: Oatmeal consistency concrete is placed in form and around the Mold and vibrated. A simple box should be built around the Sink Mold, to contain the concrete during this process.
- Hand Packed: A drier concrete mix is hand packed into the form and around the Mold. A second step after de-molding will fill the voids with cement slurry, usually of a different coloring.
- Any voids in the finished concrete can be filled using a Cement Slurry.
- If the steps above were followed for the Mold Setup, then most Molds will usually pull out of the concrete with little effort.
- If the mold is difficult to remove, try:
- Compressed air shot around the Mold rim will break the suction holding the Mold in the concrete.
- Most Molds can be pushed out of the concrete by removing the drain piece, and pushing the Mold out through the drain slot.
Mold Clean-up and Care:
- Clean Mold with a sponge after each use. Any dried cement residue can be removed with a scotch-brite pad (as outlined above in the Mold Setup section. A light muriatic acid wash (20:1, 20 parts water to 1 part muriatic acid) can also remove cement scale.
- Waxing and buffing the Mold after cleaning it use is recommended to protect the Mold until its next use.
Expressions has some of the better sink molds I have used in the last three years. This sink came in a little damage and when was cleaning after the pour edge chipped easy.
This is the third sink mold I've purchased from expressions all have worked well one bathroom sink mold has been used 6 times and releases better each time. looking forward to similar performance from the farm sink mold first casting was excellent.