- Professional Grade, Heavy-duty joint filler for concrete surfaces. TK-POLYUREA JOINT FILLER is a fast-setting, two component, polyurea/urethane blend used to fill control joints in concrete flooring.
- Flexible enough to limit parallel crack occurrence, yet tensile enough to hold up to heavy traffic from wheels, forklifts and heavy traffic.
- Fast cure time (gels in less than 5 minutes and tack free in 30 minutes) allows the area to be reopened to traffic in minimal time.
- Gray color. Non-shrink, designed for interior or exterior use, and may be used in commercial and residential applications.
- Suitable for interior use to fill control joints in concrete flooring in warehousing, industrial and manufacturing environments. May also be used to repair joints or cracks in any concrete slab.
- View TK-9020 TDS.
- View TK-9020 SDS.
CRACK/JOINT FILLER REPAIR GUIDE:
With a number of options to repair cracks and fill joints, here is a quick guide for product selection:
- TK-9000: 100% Epoxy. Every day crack repair- garage floors, sidewalks, basements. Normally applied by putty knife and sold in 1/2 gallon and 2 gallon size kits.
- TK-9010: Epoxy. Every day joint filler to close control joints. Great for under epoxy floor coatings. Normally applied and sold in cartridges.
- TK-9020: Polyurea/Urethane blend. Fast Setting. Flexible Joint Filler- when concrete pieces might move, use this! Normally applied and sold in cartridges.
- TK-9030: Polyurea. Fast Setting, crack filler that can seep into the smallest of cracks. Normally applied and sold in cartridges.
- Cartridge: Each 600-ml cartridge will fill 36 cubic inches (or a crack that is 12 linear feet long, by 1/8” wide, by 2” deep).
- 2-gallon: Each kit will fill 462 cubic inches.
- 10-gallon kits are special order and usually take @ 2 weeks to get made and ship out.
- *Coverage rate will vary depending on the size of the crack and any waste overfilled.
APPLICATION PROCEDURES: PREPARATION: Cracks and joints should be clean and dry. Any contaminants including paints, curing compounds, oil, dirt and debris must be removed prior to application. Condition this material to 65°F - 85°F before using.
APPLICATION: Cartridge Application - Shake the cartridge and remove the nut and cartridge plugs. Attach static mixer to cartridge and replace the nut. Install cartridge into mix gun, place mixer tip into the area to be filled and squeeze the trigger to begin product flow. Maintain steady pressure to ensure proper mixing. When used on industrial floors with heavy load transfers, it is recommended to fill to the full depth of the crack or joint. NOTE: Silica sand may be used to discontinue flow into cracks and joints.
- This product is available in gallons, or in a Dual Cartridge caulk tube, that requires a special dual-cartridge caulking gun (such as sold here on Amazon). Cartridges are 600-ml (approx. 20-fl. oz. each).
DRY TIME*: At 70°F, this product gels in 2-4 minutes and is tack free in 30 minutes. *Gel times, cure times and thin film tack free times will be extended with cooler temperatures.
CLEAN UP: Spills of uncured material may be cleaned with XYLENE. Cured material is extremely chemically inert and should be scraped off surfaces before it cures. Discard any used static mixers and do not attempt to reuse.