CHROMIX Color Chart colors shown are approximate. Color may vary based on each concrete mix and conditions. Colors vary from computer monitor to computer monitor as well.
- Need large quantities? Please contact us for bulk pricing and freight shipping, so we can get you the best price possible.
- CHROMIX™ is powder integral color for concrete.
- CHROMIX also has additives that increase strength of the concrete mix by reducing the amount of water needed, and control the set/curing of the concrete.
- Made by Scofield, one of the largest, and broadest manufacturers of concrete products.
- CHROMIX is suitable for all types of colored concrete projects- such as countertops, furniture, sinks, floors, driveways, landscapes, cast-in-place or precast walls.
- Available in 5 or 6 Sack Mix (Ensures consistent color when the percent of cement in the concrete mix is higher- ie. 6 Sack Mix has more cement than a 5 Sack Mix).
- When ordering concrete in a truck, you specify the Sack Mix #.
- For concrete countertops, with higher cement ratio, plan on a 6 Sack Mix but note that most countertop mix recipes are more like a 10 Sack Mix, so one bag of 6-Sack color will treat @28 bags of 80-lb concrete from the countertop recipe page.
- Evenly dispersed, consistent, streak-free concrete color throughout the concrete mix.
- Repeat-ability -- batch-to-batch and project-to-project.
- Superior, nonfading, permanent concrete coloring.
- Increased concrete strength at all ages.
- View CHROMIX TDS.
- View CHROMIX MSDS.
- Coverage: 1 bag of CHROMIX will color 1 cubic yard of concrete, or approx. 28 bags of 80 lb. concrete.
- Again, remember that countertop mixes with 20lbs of cement in an 80lb bag of concrete are about a 10-Sack Mix ratio, so you must calculate color to cement only, don't account for anything else like sand/gravel.
- Bag weight varies by color (some colors use heavier minerals than others).
- A typical sack of Portland cement weighs 94 lbs, so a 5-Sack mix of CHROMIX color will treat 470 lbs of cement, and a 6-sack mix will treat 564 lbs of cement.
- To fill small voids and air pockets with the same color, mix the CHROMIX Color to the Cement Slurry in the same weight ratio (only the weight of cement- not the sand/aggregate).
- If mixing 1 bag of concrete using a standard concrete countertop recipe (Mix Recipes can be seen here), there should be approx. 20 lbs. of cement.
- Using a 6-Sack mix (which treats 564 lbs. of cement), you would use 1/28th of the bag of CHROMIX.
- Each color of CHROMIX has a different weight, due to the pigments that make the color, so once you get the CHROMIX, you would divide the weight of the CHROMIX bag by 28 to determine how much color, by weight, to use per bag of concrete
- To match the color to the Cement Slurry, if using 1 lb. of Slurry, you would mix in 1/20th of the amount of CHROMIX color that you added to the concrete.