- TK-EPOXY CRACK FILLER is a two-component, 100% solids epoxy designed with state of the art epoxy resins and low toxicity curing agents for filling and sealing cracks in concrete decking and floors. TK-9000 EPOXY CRACK FILLER provides long-term protection against harmful chemicals and deicers.
- Due to its low viscosity, easily flows and seeps into small cracks to effectively seal them off from damage and degradation.
- Highly resistant to most acids, alkali, salts and other chemicals.
- Becomes a permanent part of the concrete and provides tenacious holding power for long-term protection.
- Clear color (can be tinted Gray upon request).
- Suitable for interior or exterior application to concrete bridge decks and concrete floors. May also be used as an excellent anchor for setting bolts during machinery installations.
- View TK-9000 TDS.
- View TK-9000 SDS.
CRACK/JOINT FILLER REPAIR GUIDE:
With a number of options to repair cracks and fill joints, here is a quick guide for product selection:
- TK-9000: 100% Epoxy. Every day crack repair- garage floors, sidewalks, basements. Normally applied by putty knife and sold in 1/2 gallon and 2 gallon size kits.
- TK-9010: Epoxy. Every day joint filler to close control joints. Great for under epoxy floor coatings. Normally applied and sold in cartridges.
- TK-9020: Polyurea/Urethane blend. Fast Setting. Flexible Joint Filler- when concrete pieces might move, use this! Normally applied and sold in cartridges.
- TK-9030: Polyurea. Fast Setting, crack filler that can seep into the smallest of cracks. Normally applied and sold in cartridges.
- Cartridge: Each 600-ml cartridge will fill 36 cubic inches (or a crack that is 12 linear feet long, by 1/8” wide, by 2” deep).
- 1/2-gallon: Each kit will fill 115 cubic inches.
- 2-gallon: Each kit will fill 462 cubic inches.
- 10-gallon: Each kit will fill 2,310 cubic inches.
- *Coverage rate will vary depending on the size of the crack and any waste overfilled.
APPLICATION PROCEDURES: PREPARATION: The surface must be clean and dry with any contaminants being removed prior to application. This product should not be used when air, substrate or material temperatures are below 40°F.
APPLICATION: Cartridge Application - Shake the cartridge and remove the nut and cartridge plugs. Attach static mixer to cartridge and replace the nut. Install cartridge into mix gun, place mixer tip into the area to be filled and squeeze the trigger to begin product flow. Maintain steady pressure to ensure proper mixing. When used on industrial floors with heavy load transfers, it is recommended to fill to the full depth of the crack or joint. NOTE: Silica sand may be used to discontinue flow into cracks and joints.
- This product is available in gallons, or in a Dual Cartridge caulk tube, that requires a special dual-cartridge caulking gun (such as sold here on Amazon). Cartridges are 600-ml (approx. 20-fl. oz. each).
1/2-Gallon, 2-Gallon, 10-Gallon size Application: Stir parts A and B separately before mixing together. Mix equal parts A and B by volume. Kits are supplied pre-measured, it is advised that kits not be split. Mix well with a paddle-type mechanical mixer for 3 minutes until mixture is completely homogeneous. Minimize incorporation of air. Scrape sides and bottom frequently. Do not mix fresh material with previously catalyzed material. Pot life of catalyzed mixture is 20-30 minutes at 75°F (24°C).
Because the material is self-leveling, TK-9000 EPOXY CRACK FILLER may be poured directly from the container into the crack and spread with a putty knife, grouting tool, baster or brush. Upon filling, the crack or patch should be covered with sand as a topcoating as this will provide a uniform texture with the rest of the concrete deck/surface.
POT LIFE AND CURE TIME: Air, substrate and material temperatures at the time of application will affect cure times - the lower the temperature the longer the product will take to cure At 70°F, TK-9000 EPOXY CRACK FILLER will begin to gel in approximately 25 minutes and will harden within 35 minutes with complete hardness being obtained within approximately 4 hours. DO NOT attempt to use the remainder of the material once the gelling process has begun.
CLEAN UP: Spills of uncured material may be cleaned with XYLENE. Cured material is extremely chemically inert and should be scraped off surfaces before it cures. Discard any used static mixers and do not attempt to reuse.