- TK-EPOXY CRACK & JOINT FILLER is a fast setting, semirigid, two-component epoxy system for filling control and construction joints in concrete flooring.
- TK-9010 was developed to compete with, and exceed MM80 Joint Filler (another company's joint filler product).
- Epoxy formulation allows it to be used in damp areas where comparable urethane/polyurea joint fillers cannot be used.
- Gels in less than 10 minutes and is tack free in under an hour.
- Gray color.
- Extremely low VOC content (< 1 g/l )
- USES: Suitable for interior or exterior use to fill joints in warehouse, industrial and commercial concrete flooring. May also be used to fill cracks on older concrete floors.
- View TK-9010 TDS.
- View TK-9010 SDS.
CRACK/JOINT FILLER REPAIR GUIDE:
With a number of options to repair cracks and fill joints, here is a quick guide for product selection:
- TK-9000: 100% Epoxy. Every day crack repair- garage floors, sidewalks, basements. Normally applied by putty knife and sold in 1/2 gallon and 2 gallon size kits.
- TK-9010: Epoxy. Every day joint filler to close control joints. Great for under epoxy floor coatings. Normally applied and sold in cartridges.
- TK-9020: Polyurea/Urethane blend. Fast Setting. Flexible Joint Filler- when concrete pieces might move, use this! Normally applied and sold in cartridges.
- TK-9030: Polyurea. Fast Setting, crack filler that can seep into the smallest of cracks. Normally applied and sold in cartridges.
- The following table is an estimate of coverage rates and should be used as a guideline only. The rates are in linear feet per gallon - any overfill that will be shaved off is considered extra material and does not count toward coverage.
- Cartridge: Each 600-ml cartridge will fill 36 cubic inches (or a crack that is 12 linear feet long, by 1/8” wide, by 2” deep).
- 2-gallon: Each kit will fill 462 cubic inches:
- 136 linear feet of a 3/16" wide joint x 1.5" deep.
- 102 linear feet of a 1/4" wide joint x 1.5" deep.
- *Coverage rate will vary depending on the size of the crack and any waste overfilled.
APPLICATION PROCEDURES: PREPARATION: Cracks and joints should be clean and dry. Any contaminants including paints, curing compounds, oil, dirt and debris must be removed prior to application. Although TK-9010 is moisture tolerant, there cannot be standing water in or around the area to be filled at the time of application.
APPLICATION: Air and substrate temperatures must be 50°F or above at the time of application. NOTE: Silica sand may be used to discontinue flow into cracks and joints.
Gallon size Application - Components “A” and “B” must be stirred prior to use.
Cartridge Application - Shake the cartridge and remove the nut and cartridge plugs. Attach static mixer to cartridge and replace the nut. Install cartridge into mix gun and squeeze the trigger to begin flow of the material. Discard the first 1/2 to 1 ounce of material until the resulting mixture appears uniform. Place mixer tip into the area to be filled and squeeze the trigger to begin product flow. Maintain steady pressure to ensure proper mixing. When used on industrial floors with heavy load transfers, it is recommended to fill to the full depth of the crack or joint.
- This product is available in gallons, or in a Dual Cartridge caulk tube, that requires a special dual-cartridge caulking gun (such as sold here on Amazon). Cartridges are 600-ml (approx. 20-fl. oz. each).
DRY TIME*: At 77°F, this product gels in 9-11 minutes. It is mass tack free in 1 hour, and thin film tack free in less than 3 hours. *Gel times, cure times and thin film tack free times will be extended with cooler temperatures.
CLEAN UP: Spills of uncured material may be cleaned with XYLENE. Cured material is extremely chemically inert and should be scraped off surfaces before it cures. Discard any used static mixers and do not attempt to reuse.