- Synthetic Stone
- Glazed Brick / Block
TK-CONCRETE SEALER SALT PROTECTOR PLUS WB
Item No.: TK-290 WB
Salt Protector Plus WB, TK-290 WB, is a COMMERCIAL GRADE ready-to-use, water-borne, VOC compliant, deep penetrating silane/siloxane blend that acts as an impenetrable barrier against the intrusion of water and chloride ions (salt) into concrete and masonry surfaces.
- Commercial Grade Silate/Siloxane sealer.
- Residential Version, TK-190 WB, is sold here and may be a little more user friendly for DIY and home use (driveways, sidewalks, patios, steps, etc.)
- TK Products Salt Protector Plus (TK-290 WB) is a Water-based, low VOC Water and Salt repellent for concrete, bricks, and pavers for use in light commercial environments. TK-290 WB™ has excellent penetration to help protect against damage caused by freeze-thaw conditions and environments where salt is present.
- TK-290 WB is a waterborne silane/siloxane, multi-substrate, salt, and water repellent. Engineered to prevent damage from environmental conditions including de-icing agents, salts, freeze damage, efflorescence, scaling, surface popping, and the damaging effects of acid rain.
- TK-290 WB is formulated to penetrate up to 1/8 inch (3.175 mm) and chemically bond with the substrate to become a permanent part, prohibiting salt, water, and chloride ion intrusion. This protection ensures the longest life-cycle to the substrate by preventing surface deterioration.
- Low VOC – Meets the VOC Regulatory Compliance for AIM, OTC, LADCO, CARB, SCAQMD, CANADA
- Non-Film Forming!! – Maintains the surfaces slip resistance (coefficient of friction)
- Non-Color Enhancing – Will not alter the appearance of the substrate and will not yellow
- Performance – Outperforms typical water repellents due to its superior penetration and bonding properties
- TK-290 WB is suitable for both vertical and horizontal, above-grade exterior surfaces. Typical surfaces include:
- Concrete & Cementitious Surfaces
- Pavers / Brick / Clay Brick
- Precast Concrete
- Poured Concrete Walls
- Split Face Block
- Sold in 1 Gallon, 4 Gallon Cases, and 55 Gallon sizes
- (55 gallon sizes ship via Freight Carrier, and can't be used with our Free Shipping offer- Please contact us prior to ordering so we can obtain a freight shipping quote)
- Bridge decks/ramps: 100-200 square feet per gallon
- Smooth concrete: 150-250 square feet per gallon
- Exposed aggregate: 100-200 square feet per gallon
- Concrete block: 40-100 square feet per gallon
- Coverage rates are provided as a guideline only. Many factors including surface texture, porosity and weather conditions will determine actual coverage rates.
- TK-290WB Technical Data Sheet
- TK-290WB Safety Data Sheet
- TK-290WB Leed Data Sheet
- TK-290WB Brochure
Before using this product, read the Safety Data Sheet for complete safety information.
All surfaces to be treated must be clean and structurally sound. Thoroughly clean surfaces to remove all grease, oils, form oils, or other contaminants. Only apply TK-290 WB to dry surfaces. It is recommended that surface temperatures be 40°F or above at the time of application to ensure that surfaces are frost-free.
Existing Concrete preparation:
Remove unsound concrete and repair cracks or deteriorated areas prior to application. Surfaces may require manual abrasion to achieve maximum penetration.
New Concrete preparation:
Water cure fresh concrete. As a standard procedure, allow new concrete to thoroughly cure (typically 14 to 28 days) before applying this product. The product may be applied sooner under prescribed conditions and procedures specified by TK Products.
A test patch should always be performed to determine proper results and coverage rates prior to application.
The material is ready for use and requires no mixing. Do not thin or dilute.
Apply by roller or spray equipment in a uniform manner and in sufficient quantity to completely wet out the substrate with a minimum of 2-inch run down. Avoid puddling on horizontal surfaces. Very porous surfaces may require two coats.
Decorative Block application:
When applying to decorative block or substrates where darkening of the surface is undesirable, fully saturate the surface with no rundown.
TK-290 WB™ Technical Data Information
Composition and Materials:
A waterborne, silane/siloxane water repellent
< 120 g/l
Low Solids Coating
– ASTM C666 Resistance of Concrete to Rapid Freezing and Thawing
– ASTM C672 Scaling Resistance
– NCHRP 244 (water absorption, % water vapor transmission, and % reduction in chloride intrusion
TK-290 WB is characterized by the following properties:
– Excellent penetration
– High alkali resistance and suitability for either alkaline or neutral substrates
– Low volatility
– Dries tack free
– Provides early water repellency
– Exhibits droplet effect