TK-CONCRETE SEALER SALT PROTECTOR PLUS WB
Item No.: TK-190 WB
Salt Protector Plus WB, TK-190 WB, is a RESIDENTIAL GRADE ready-to-use, water-borne, VOC compliant, deep penetrating silane/siloxane blend that acts as an impenetrable barrier against the intrusion of water and chloride ions (salt) into concrete and masonry surfaces.
- Residential Grade Silate/Siloxane sealer (many will find this version easier to apply for home DIY uses (driveways, patios, steps, etc.).
- Commercial Version, TK-290 WB, is sold here, and with slightly higher solids content, best suited for professionals to apply.
- TK Products Salt Protector Plus (TK-190 WB) is a Water-based, low VOC Water and Salt repellent for concrete, bricks, and pavers for use in light commercial environments. TK-190 WB™ has excellent penetration to help protect against damage caused by freeze-thaw conditions and environments where salt is present.
- TK-190 WB is a waterborne silane/siloxane, multi-substrate, salt, and water repellent. Engineered to prevent damage from environmental conditions including de-icing agents, salts, freeze damage, efflorescence, scaling, surface popping, and the damaging effects of acid rain.
- TK-190 WB is formulated to penetrate and chemically bond with the substrate to become a permanent part, prohibiting salt, water, and chloride ion intrusion. This protection ensures the longest life-cycle to the substrate by preventing surface deterioration.
- Low VOC – Meets the VOC Regulatory Compliance for AIM, OTC, LADCO, CARB, SCAQMD, CANADA
- Non-Film Forming!! – Maintains the surfaces slip resistance (coefficient of friction)
- Non-Color Enhancing – Will not alter the appearance of the substrate and will not yellow
- Performance – Outperforms typical water repellents due to its superior penetration and bonding properties
- TK-190 WB is suitable for both vertical and horizontal, above-grade exterior surfaces. Typical surfaces include:
- Sidewalks and Curbs
- Patios and Porches
- Pool Decks
- Salt Water Pools
- Retaining Walls
- Statues and Features
- Sold in 1 Gallon, 4 Gallon Cases, and 55 Gallon sizes
- (55 gallon sizes ship via Freight Carrier, and can't be used with our Free Shipping offer- Please contact us prior to ordering so we can obtain a freight shipping quote)
- From 50 to 200 sq. ft. per gallon on concrete surfaces! Apply thinly for best coverage and results.
- Coverage rates are provided as a guideline only. Many factors including surface texture, porosity and weather conditions will determine actual coverage rates.
- TK-190WB Technical Data Sheet
- TK-190WB Safety Data Sheet
- TK-190WB Brochure
Before using this product, read the Safety Data Sheet for complete safety information.
All surfaces to be treated must be clean and structurally sound. Thoroughly clean surfaces to remove all grease, oils, form oils, or other contaminants. Only apply TK-190 WB to dry surfaces. It is recommended that surface temperatures be 40°F or above at the time of application to ensure that surfaces are frost-free.
Existing Concrete preparation:
Remove unsound concrete and repair cracks or deteriorated areas prior to application. Surfaces may require manual abrasion to achieve maximum penetration.
New Concrete preparation:
Water cure fresh concrete. As a standard procedure, allow new concrete to thoroughly cure (typically 14 to 28 days) before applying this product. The product may be applied sooner under prescribed conditions and procedures specified by TK Products.
A test patch should always be performed to determine proper results and coverage rates prior to application.
The material is ready for use and requires no mixing. Do not thin or dilute.
Apply by roller or spray equipment in a uniform manner and in sufficient quantity to completely wet out the substrate with a minimum of 2-inch run down. Avoid puddling on horizontal surfaces. Very porous surfaces may require two coats.
Decorative Block application:
When applying to decorative block or substrates where darkening of the surface is undesirable, fully saturate the surface with no rundown.
TK-190 WB™ Technical Data Information
Composition and Materials:
A waterborne, silane/siloxane water repellent
No Flash -Aqueous System
< 120 g/l
Low Solids Coating
– ASTM C666 Resistance of Concrete to Rapid Freezing and Thawing
– ASTM C672 Scaling Resistance
– NCHRP 244 (water absorption, % water vapor transmission, and % reduction in chloride intrusion