Got an old concrete slab that you want to make into a beautiful stamped concrete surface? No need to rip out the old concrete and pour a new slab- just clean/pressure wash the old concrete surface, apply the DuraSet VAE acrylic as a primer to the concrete, and then put this Stamp-Tek Stampable Overlay on it (you can use Color Dye to color the cement overlay), spray on a colorless Liquid Release or a colored Antiquing Release Powder, and then stamp with the Concrete Stamp of your liking. After a few days, clean off any release and when the new stamped concrete is dry, seal with a concrete sealer such as SuperSeal 2000 (or GemKote if in certain states that cannot get SuperSeal 2000). Total cost in the $3.00-$3.50 per sq. ft. range.
- Stamp-Tek™ Stampable Overlay is a dry polymer mix that creates the look of newly-stamped concrete over existing concrete surfaces.
- Stamp-Tek overlays come in white or natural gray and work with color hardeners, powdered or liquid releases and acid stains.
- Stamp-Tek™ Stampable Overlay polymers are already in the mix, so there’s never a question of mixing integrity- just add water.
DuraSet™ VAE (Sold Here) resin is required as a primer/bonder for this product. Before overlay placement, prime the surface generously with DuraSet™ VAE Polymer using either a short napped roller or weed sprayer. One generous coat is all that is required. Make sure that no puddles are present. 1 Gallon of DuraSet VAE should cover 200-300 sq. ft. as a primer for the stampable overlay.
- Packaging: 50 lb bag
- Coverage: 24 square feet at 1/4”, 12 square feet at 1/2”
- Application Guide: View Stamp-Tek TDS
- View Stamp-Tek MSDS