PLEASE NOTE!! We are currently not able to ship this Surecrete product in Gallon and 5-Gallon sizes to any states on the Eastern Half of the United States. We are limited to shipping to states including, and to the West of: Texas, New Mexico, Colorado, Wyoming, Montana.
For states to the East of our shipping territory, please consider the Living Earth Water Based Stain product (sold here), which we can ship without issue.
- Eco-Stain is an environmental, zero VOC, liquid semi-transparent water-based concrete stain that can be sprayed, brushed, rolled or even sponged on.
- Easy to apply, and super fast turn around- you can apply sealer as soon as the stain is dry to the touch.
- Used for staining concrete countertops, floors, walls, overlays and cast concrete products.
- Eco-Stain is available in 4oz Sample Bottles (sold here), 1 Gallon, and 5 Gallons.
- 1 Gallon Eco-Stain comes as a concentrated 32oz liquid bottle that you add to water to make 1 gallon.
- 5 Gallon Eco-Stain comes as a concentrated 128oz liquid bottle that you add to water to make 5 gallons.
- Eco-Stain comes in 31 UV stable concrete stain colors.
- Eco-Stain can be diluted up to 10:1 with water to create virtually any concrete color desired.
- Coverage: 200 square feet per gallon, undiluted
- VOC Rating: 0 g/L
- Shelf Life: 1 year in original unopened container
- Ready for Sealer: Dry to the touch (time frame varies on environment)
- Eco-Stain Tech Data Sheet
- Eco-Stain SDS
- Eco-Stain Color Chart
Eco-Stain is probably the easiest one of our products you could attempt to use. Really, there’s more work in preparing your surface than there is in staining it!
- Clean your surface – Whatever substrate you are applying this color too, it must first be clear of all other stains and/or sealers that were previously applied.
- “Profile” your surface – Since our colorant is a penetrating water based color, the surface must be able to have water penetrate into it! Otherwise, the coloring will simply sit on top of the concrete and never dry into the surface. Profiling is typically done mechanically or with some form of mild chemical, we suggest the use of SCR – Super Concrete Renovator (sold here) to take care of both steps 1 and 2 in this application process.
- Apply your stain! This can be done in any number of ways, with any number of tools! For more control, we suggest using a fine brush or airless sprayer. However, for “messy” looks, this product can be simply poured out onto your surface and spread around with something as simple as a paint roller or a towel!
- Once the Eco-Stain is dry to the touch (none comes up when you swipe your finger across the surface of your floor or countertop), an appropriate sealer should be applied to preserve the integrity of your project. For exterior projects, we suggest using a clear acrylic sealer, countertops should be sealed with specialized Countertop Sealers, and for other interior projects we suggest the utilization of any number of Epoxies, Polyurethanes or Polyaspartics.
- SureCrete’s Eco-Stain colors concrete surfaces in a liquid form semi-transparent concrete water based stain floor color that puts you as the applicator head and shoulders above your competition. Unlike most concrete stains commonly used in the decorative concrete market today, Eco-Stain uses an eco-friendly; water-based formula that contains zero VOC’s and has no pungent chemical aroma. The semi-transparent stain is not like solid painting concrete.
- So how does it work? Unlike acid stains which perform a chemical reaction once in contact with the surface of the concrete to achieve their color, Eco-Stain for concrete floors is a penetrating concrete stain which gives much more control over the design and colors you may want to apply to your project. Giving you more control isn’t the only benefit, though. Since it is a water-based solution, there is no need for any neutralization or clean-up! As soon as the product has been down long enough to be dry to the touch, you’re ready to seal! No in-between steps to slow you and your crew down!
- On top of these wonderful benefits over other manufacturers, we’ve made sure that the pigments used in Eco-Stain are UV-Stable, so as long as a sealer is applied; the colors will not fade or yellow when subjected to sunlight. And since we made the pigments so stable, we thought it would also be a good idea to give you more of them. The Eco-Stain standard color chart houses 29 vibrant stock colors to choose from, and these colors can be mixed and matched to your content to achieve a literally limitless color palette including white stain.
- Where can I use it? Unlike concrete acid stain, Eco-Stain is an extremely versatile product, and as such, it can be applied in a nearly unlimited range of substrates and locations. Many will use our water-based eco-stain to add more depth of color to a freshly poured or stamped and textured slab or on fresh concrete overlays. Its uses aren’t limited to just new concrete, though. An old slab that, at one time, may have had vibrant color can be revived using our Eco-Stain product along with a fresh coat of sealer. This stain can even be used to color precast concrete countertops and sinks, as well as architectural or sculptural cast cement. Its uses are nearly limitless for exterior concrete and interior paint stains.
- WHO SHOULD USE ECO-STAIN SEMI-TRANSPARENT CONCRETE COLOR?
- This is a product that is not meant to be solely used by the licensed contractor. As it is extremely easy to apply, we encourage homeowners and DIY “weekend warriors” to pick it up and try a bottle in their own homes and projects and concrete floors. Our color interior concrete stains semi-transparent accent concrete color provides many benefits over other staining products for a homeowner that is looking to improve or re-design an area of their living space.
- First, it is very easy to use – there is no need to rent special equipment or take any kind of training to be able to use the product. It can be sprayed, painted or simply poured out onto your surface. And if you mess up, you can simply wash away the unwanted stain with water! And second, Eco-Stain is extremely eco- and user-friendly. It is completely non-caustic and can be applied by anyone since there is absolutely no aroma or chemicals being released into the air during application. It can be touched with bare hands without fear of chemical burns or skin irritation.
- If you are a professional, the simplicity and versatility of transparent concrete stain can help you to seriously cut job costs by cutting out a lot of labor and training associated with typical concrete staining by no longer having to deal with chemical residue clean up or acid pH neutralization. It will also help you land new jobs you may have previously turned down in two very important ways:
- As a water-based, eco-friendly interior exterior cement staining product, it can help to generate LEED points on jobs where this keeping the environment safe is a high priority. With a wider color range and more control over how that color is applied, you’ll be capable of creating a much larger variety of custom designs for your clients. Since it is so versatile in the different types of substrates and locations it can be used in, you will be able to keep a few colors on hand to be able to do a multitude of different jobs on an as-needed basis, making you much more flexible than your competition in getting jobs done now, rather than later.
FREQUENTLY ASKED QUESTIONS:
HOW LONG DO I HAVE TO WAIT BEFORE SEALING THIS DYE COLOR?
Answer: Only as long as it takes to dry! This will vary greatly depending on the local temperature/humidity as well as how much Eco-Stain was used in the project. The more stain you use in a given area, the longer it will take to dry.
CAN YOU MAKE ECO-STAIN LOOK LIKE ACID CONCRETE STAIN?
Answer: In short, yes! Depending on the reactive acid stain color you are looking to achieve, different colored Eco-Stains can be applied at various dilution rates to simulate the earth-toned reactive color scheme you typically get from Acid Stains. Grab some colors and give it a try! You can always wipe it up with water and try again!
WHY DOES MY STAIN FADE OVER TIME?
Answer: There are multiple reasons depending on the situation, but for most cases, it boils down to two main reasons: UV exposure and sealer degradation. Eco-Stain is UV Stable, but all colors will fade in direct sun eventually, if a sealer is not correctly applied and maintained. Over time, sealers fade and need to be replaced or “replenished” with a fresh coating.
HOW FAR CAN IT BE DILUTED?
Answer: The short answer would be: as far as you want! As these stains are made available in a concentrated format, they are typically diluted on site depending on the color density you are looking to achieve. The more the stain is diluted, the weaker the color will be. Once you dilute so far, however, the stain can lose some of its properties as is spread too thin across a surface.