- The Oiled Bronze Blue Crab Door Knocker designed by Michael Healy, an accomplished artisan and known for his Unique Door Knockers. The oiled bronze finish is attained by successively dipping raw bronze castings into a patina solution and then buffing them to a satin finish. With the repetition of this process Michael creates the rich, dark multi-tone finish of his Oiled Bronze. Displaying this handsome sculpture will surely set any door apart while telling visitors of your special affinity to the bay.
- This hand crafted door knocker includes hardware for easy surface mount installation.
- Each Doorknocker is hand polished and then the knocker is then coated with a clear lacquer to protect the original polished finish
- Michael Healy Artistic Decorative Hardware is created by using the age-old art of sand casting. All of his products are handcrafted in solid brass, solid bronze and solid nickel silver. Michael is involved in every phase of each product's development, from his original sketch to the product's completion. Finally, Michael's signature adorns each piece, confirming its authenticity and quality craftsmanship.
- Each Door Knocker has been coated with a baked catalyzed polyurethane, similar to the clear top coat on an automobile. Occasionally washing your Door Knocker using a sponge with water and a mild soap will help to maintain its vibrant shine. Coating your Door Knocker with a paste wax will also greatly extend the life of the finish. Do not use a brass cleaner or an abrasive pad; this will damage the clear coating and the original polished finish.
- Size: 6"H x 7"W x 2.25"D
- Mounting screws center to center distance: 1 3/8"