- The Blue Crab Door Knocker was designed by Michael Healy, an accomplished Rhode Island artisan, known for his Unique Door Knockers. Displaying this handsome sculpture will surely set any door apart while telling visitors of your special affinity to the bay. The Blue Crab Door Knocker is cast in solid brass. Brass and bronze are copper-based alloys. The yellow brass alloy used in many of Michael's designs contains 70% copper and produces a warm, traditional brass look. Red bronze contains almost 85% copper. This additional copper content gives the bronze alloy its rich, reddish undertone. The mirrored finish of polished brass and polished bronze is achieved through varying degrees of sanding and buffing. Michael uses these techniques to highlight or accent the raised areas on a piece.
- This hand crafted door knocker includes hardware for easy surface mount installation.
- Each Doorknocker is hand polished and then the knocker is then coated with a clear lacquer to protect the original polished finish
- Michael Healy Artistic Decorative Hardware is created by using the age-old art of sand casting. All of his products are handcrafted in solid brass, solid bronze and solid nickel silver. Michael is involved in every phase of each product's development, from his original sketch to the product's completion. Finally, Michael's signature adorns each piece, confirming its authenticity and quality craftsmanship.
- Each Door Knocker has been coated with a baked catalyzed polyurethane, similar to the clear top coat on an automobile. Occasionally washing your Door Knocker using a sponge with water and a mild soap will help to maintain its vibrant shine. Coating your Door Knocker with a paste wax will also greatly extend the life of the finish. Do not use a brass cleaner or an abrasive pad; this will damage the clear coating and the original polished finish.
- Size: 5.25"H x 4.5"W x 1.75"D
- Mounting screws center to center distance: 7/8"