SureCrete’s XS concrete casting forming system foam rails and tapes are easy to use and help in eliminating ripping material, screwing, nailing, and in most cases, caulking to create the side rails in forming precast projects. It consists of 3 elements: Polystyrene foam rails, Clear facing tape and PSA tape for casting concrete countertops and precast panels. Whether building from 3/4” (1.9cm) up to 2” (5cm) thick, form edges are correct with no bleeding between casting surface and XS Forming. Installation tools required are just a tape measure, pencil, and knife. Unlike conventional forming systems that are made with 2×4 lumber pieces, saw-cut melamine or other materials, the XS Forming system provides a much more lightweight, versatile and infinitely more cost efficient method for forming your precast concrete pieces. Sold in individual four-foot lengths, the foam rails can be purchased in much smaller increments than is allowed by typical fabrication methods. This makes it a much more inexpensive way for homeowners and weekend warriors that are looking to create one-off pieces and weekend projects.
PLEASE NOTE!! We are currently not able to ship this Surecrete product to any states on the Eastern Half of the United States. We are limited to shipping to states including, and to the West of: Texas, New Mexico, Colorado, Wyoming, Montana.
- Concrete casting forming system for casting countertops and other precast pieces. SureCrete’s foam rails and face tapes are very easy to use and can be cut to size for casting any piece up to 2″ thick.
- Sold in 4 sizes:
- 3/4″ x 1-1/2″ x 48″: 28 pieces per box
- 1″ x 1-1/2″ x 48″: 28 pieces per box
- 1-1/2″ x 1-1/2″ x 48″: 16 pieces per box
- 2″ x 2″ x 48″: 16 pieces per box
- To use these forms, you will also want the XS Double Sided PSA Tape and XS Smooth Facing Tape (sold here).
- View Technical Data Sheet.
Projects Formed using the XS Concrete Casting Forming System:
- Concrete Kitchen Countertops, Dining & Coffee Tables, Outdoor Kitchens, Concrete Floor Tiles, Concrete Wall Panels, Building Concrete Facades, Custom Concrete Furniture, Bath Vanities
How Do You Apply SureCrete XS Casting Foam Rails and Clear Facing Tapes?
The XS Forming System casting foam rails is an incredibly simple product to construct casting molds with:
- Make sure your casting surface is clean and clear of all dust and debris.
- Remove the protective layer from the PSA tape and apply tape to the bottom of foam rail, keeping the edge of tape even with the inside edge of the foam rail.
- Cut to desired dimensions.
- Remove second protective film layer and begin applying foam rails to casting surface as required.
- Use clear facing tape to span across the inside of all foam rails spanning across joints.
- Remove protective film layer from clear facing tape.
- Thoroughly clean the casting surface again with denatured alcohol or acetone before pouring in your casting mix
Frequently Asked Questions
Question: How do I make lengths longer than four feet with the XS Forming System?
Answer: It’s very easy! Simply span the clear facing tap across the “joint” where two four-foot lengths of foam rail meet.
Question: Do I have to use the clear facing tape with the XS Forming System?
Answer: Not necessarily, however, whatever mix you use with likely “read” the face of the foam rails instead. Also depending on the mix design, the somewhat porous surface of the foam rails may adversely affect the curing process of your solid cast piece.
Material Type Foam and Tape Available Thicknesses: 3/4″, 1″, 1-1/2″ and 2″ Detailed Foam Rails Packaging Info: 3/4″ x 1-1/2″ x 48″: 28 pieces per box 1″ x 1-1/2″ x 48″: 28 pieces per box 1-1/2″ x 1-1/2″ x 48″: 16 pieces per box 2″ x 2″ x 48″: 16 pieces per box
How to Use SureCrete Forming System Foam Rails and Tapes: