SHIPS UPS GROUND ONLY! Air Shipping is not available with this product.Product Description:
SureCrete’s Dura-Kote premium clear floor epoxy 100% solids is a high-quality clear thick build floor coating for a high gloss shine used as a top coat, or part of a system to create a 3D metallic floor (3D Metallic Color Pearl additive sold here). Dura-Kote DK500 series is available in an Economy, Premium, and Premium Thin Viscosity formula.
- 3-Gallon Kit, 15-Gallon Kit
- 100% Solids
- High Gloss
- Economy Formula: Thicker, good for filling defects/low spots in the floor. Coverage around 40-50 sq. ft. per gallon.
- Premium Formula: Most commonly used of the 3 formulas. Provides a thick coating, and great depth when used with Metallic Pearl add in colors. Coverage around 60-70 sq. ft. per gallon.
- Premium Thin Viscosity, PTV: Thinner, won't fill in defect/low spots in the floor very well, but is good for extra coverage on a flat floor surface, and good for getting extra fluidity and movement of the Metallic Pearl add-in colors. Coverage around 110-125 sq. ft. per gallon.
- Clear Epoxy Coverage (clear, no metallic pigment added):
- Economy: 40-50 sq. ft. per gallon
- Premium: 65-90 sq. ft. per gallon
- PTV: 100-150 sq. ft. per gallon
- Metallic Epoxy Coverage (with metallic pigments added):
- Premium: 50-80 sq. ft. per gallon (best for 'depth' of metallics)
- PTV: 50-80 sq. ft. per gallon (best for extra 'fluidity' of metallics)
- DK-500 TDS
- DK-500 SDS Part A
- DK-500 SDS Part B
VOC Rating 0 g/L Solids Content 100% Shelf Life 1 year in original unopened container Mixing Ratio 2 parts A to 1 part B Pot Life 10-20 minutes Ready for recoat 6-8 hours (18+ hours at low temperatures) Light Duty Use Approx 16 hours (Up to 30 hours at low temperatures) Heavy Traffic Ready Approx 24 hours (Up to 3 days at low temperatures) Full Cure 5-7 days (Up to 14 days at low temperatures) Appearance (cured) High gloss sheen Appearance (wet) Clear – Straw Color Water Resistance Excellent beads water Mechanical Stability Excellent Light Stability Yellows Odor Sweet Adhesion 400 PSI (concrete failure) Abrasion Resistance (Tabor) 1,000 gm. load @ 500 cycles = 31 mg loss Compressive Strength 9,000 PSI Application Temperature 50 – 90 degrees Fahrenheit
QUESTION: CAN I USE JUST ONE COAT OF DURA-KOTE 500 EPOXY?
Answer: Yes, you can! Although it will depend entirely upon your desired finished floor and the amount of protection you need, DK-500 Epoxy was designed specifically for this purpose!
QUESTION: WILL DK-500 EPOXY SELF-LEVEL AND FILL SMALL HOLES?
Answer: Yes, it certainly will! However, be sure not to try to bridge expansion joints as these are necessary to allow movement in the concrete.
QUESTION: CAN DK-500 EPOXY BE USED OUTSIDE?
Answer: No, epoxy coatings are not vapor-permeable and therefore should not be utilized in exterior applications.
QUESTION: I HAVE STRICT VOC LAWS IN MY AREA, CAN I USE DURA-KOTE 500 EPOXY?
Answer: Without question, yes! At zero grams per Liter of VOC content, DK-500 Epoxy can be utilized no matter how strict local VOC laws are!
QUESTION: IF I’M PUTTING DOWN A SECOND COAT OF DK-500 EPOXY, DOES IT HAVE TO BE SCREENED?
Answer: Yes, because of its chemical nature and high solids content, the second coat will not bond correctly without proper screening of first coat, using an orbital floor machine (buffer) with 100 grit sanding screens.