How Do You Apply SureCrete Quick Concrete Patching Material?
We tried to make it as straightforward and efficient as possible when utilizing our concrete repair mix and overlay materials, and repair is certainly no different.
- Cleaning is always your priority in any concrete project. Make sure the surface is clear of all chemical contaminants, grease, oil, old paint and other foreign matter.
- It may not always be needed, but your surface may require some profiling to ensure the most secure bond of Flash Patch to your substrate.
- Dampen the area slightly without creating any puddles or pooling areas.
NOTE: Before applying Flash Patch™, the surface should be saturated surface dry (SSD) or damp with no puddles.
- Mix only enough product for your current project in a bucket, making sure it has a smooth consistency.
- Trowel by hand or squeegee product tightly into patched area, as quickly as is reasonable. Minimize troweling, do not over work surface.
- Allow product to dry sufficiently before placement of any overlay, usually 1-2 hours (depending on surface porosity, temperature, and the amount of material used).
- Before applying an overlay, be certain that the patched surface is no longer generating excessive heat from its curing. If using a coating or sealer, wait 24 hours.
Frequently Asked Questions About Thin Concrete Repair Flash Patch™
Question: Can I create a feather edge?
Answer: Yes! You most certainly can.
Question: Do I need a bonding agent?
Answer: No. our mix is a single component bag mix. Just add water it is a self bonding concrete product.
Question: Is SureCrete Concrete Hole Repair Mix a single component bag mix. Just add water!
Answer: Yes, it’s for very fast curing just add water. One hour is all you need to wait before applying another coating or overlay. (24 Hours is recommended) If you have use quikrete concrete repair before, you will love Surecrete’s product easy of use.
Question: What colors is the repair mix available?
Answer: Flash Patch™ is a white-cement-based product. However, it may be colored using our Color Packs system. However, since the cement content varies from our overlay products, the same colors may be more opaque than what on our color chart.
Question: How thick can I apply patching concrete mix?
Answer: 1″ is the thickest we suggest in a single pass. It only for shallow concrete patching. Utilize another product, such as Deep Level, for larger void filling.
Question: It’s freezing out, can I still use SureCrete’s repair product?
Answer: The suggested temperature range for this product is between 40 and 85 degrees Fahrenheit. Any more or less than this and the product will not cure correctly.
Specifications and Properties of Flash Patch™
|| 4 lbs = 1.6 square feet at 1/4” depth.
|| 5-10 minutes
|| 1 year in original unopened container
|| 0 g/L
|| 3 hour = 3,090 PSI; 24 hour = 4,850 PSI; 28 days = 6,042 PSI
|| 77 degrees: Initial = 15-25 minutes; Final = 30-45 minutes