DK-400 and ColorTec 400 Water-Based polyurethane is a 2 component 57% solids, acrylic polyurethane designed as a non-yellowing clear coating for concrete, cement-based overlays, or as a top coat on epoxy systems. The commercial grade clear finish topcoat is available in gloss or satin finishes provides the durability of a solvent base system with the ease and safety of a low VOC (73 g/L) water base system. Unlike nearly all polyurethanes, Dura-Kote clear polyurethane has remarkable properties related to vapor permeability that permit its use in an exterior setting. Note: See paragraph 5 under surface prep. Generating the premier balance of strength, added UV stability, flexibility, chemical and scratch resistance, it is both user-friendly and extremely durable. As a vertical wall coating, it enhances anti-graffiti properties. Dura-Kote water-based polyurethane is ideally suited for both commercial and residential flooring: aircraft hangars, clean room floors, manufacturing facilities, warehouses, bars, clubs, retail stores, automotive showrooms, residential interiors, garage floors, stadiums, or any high traffic area where an exceedingly resilient floor is desired.
WATER-BASED CLEAR FLOOR POLYURETHANE GLOSS
DK 400WB™ / COLOR-TEC 400WB™
SureCrete’s Dura-Kote DK 400WB™ water-based clear floor polyurethane top coat is available in either a Gloss or Satin Finish (sold here). Formulated as a highly durable transparent flooring protective coating for interior commercial or residential applications with low VOC properties. This polyurethane is also available pigmented, as Color-Tec 400WB.
Finding an eco-friendly concrete sealer that is also extremely durable can be quite difficult, much less a colored version of that product. Typically, a pigmented, environmentally friendly interior floor coating can only be accomplished using a colored 100% solids or water-based epoxy in conjunction with a clear water-based polyurethane protective top coating. SureCrete has simplified this system, enabling applicators to get a beautiful, durable, eco-friendly water-based concrete floor coating with just one product – Dura-Kote Colored Polyurethane Water Based.
Available in clear, or pigmented to you color choice. Clear is available in High Gloss or Satin. Water Based Polyurethane (in clear) is a medium color enhancing sealer.
Water-Based is suitable for indoor and exterior applications.
- Water Based Polyurethane vs. Solvent Based Polyurethane (sold here) is that Water Based is able to be used outside, and has very low VOCs. Solvent Based has the advantage of better color enhancing characteristics, when using the clear sealer.
Coverage: 300-400 sq. ft. @ 5 mil wet (@3 mil dry). Can be applied over an epoxy to create a more durable top-coat, or applied as a coating on bare concrete, (can be applied as a stand-alone single coating, or for added durability apply two coats)
- WB Polyurethane TDS
- WB Polyurethane SDS (Clear Gloss)
- WB Polyurethane SDS (Clear Satin)
- WB Polyurethane SDS (Pigmented, White Tint Base)
- WB Polyurethane SDS (Part B)
For interior coatings, especially in areas or environments in which you are looking for an eco-friendly coating, Dura-Kote DK 400WB can be an extremely effective sealer for your concrete projects. With a VOC rating that will allow it to be placed in 99 percent of all states and municipalities, SureCrete’s polyurethane is an ideal coating for generating LEED points and earning green projects as a professional applicator. If you’re a homeowner or DIY weekend warrior looking to do some work on your home but need to eliminate odor and lower the chemical vapor residue released by your particular project.
WATER-BASED CLEAR FLOOR POLYURETHANE TYPICAL APPLICATIONS:
- Eco-Friendly Commercial Kitchen Floors
- Retail Floor Protection Green Projects
- Low Odor Restaurant and Bar Floors
- Non-Caustic Residential Living Areas
- Eco-Friendly Interior Hotel and Resort Flooring
- High-Traffic Interior Walkways Green Projects
- Low Odor Auditorium and Stage Floors
- Non-Caustic Residential and Hotel Bedroom Floors
HOW TO APPLY SURECRETE DURA-KOTE WATER-BASED CLEAR FLOOR POLYURETHANE?
Our Dura-Kote Polyurethane products are some of the easiest to apply and use:
- Any surface that is about to be sealed needs to be completely cured, clean and free of all contaminants and fully profiled and etched.
- Make sure that temperatures will remain between 50 and 90 degrees Fahrenheit and relative humidity to stay below 75%.
- Pour 1 part “B” into three parts “A” into large mixing container (we pre-measured the kits to make it easy on you!)and mix mechanically for a minimum of 3 minutes.
- Use a premium, de-fuzzed, phenolic core roller to roll out thin coats over workable area, making sure to maintain wet edges and backroll the entire surface.
- Two layers are typically suggested with any interior project receiving a polyurethane coating, with the second layer applied as soon as first coat can be walked on, and is used in the same manner as the first coat.
- While not necessarily required, we suggest the use of a sacrificial wax coating extend the life of the floor and add a measure of slip resistance.
FREQUENTLY ASKED QUESTIONS ABOUT DURA-KOTE CLEAR FLOORING POLYURETHANE WATER-BASED:
QUESTION: CAN I USE JUST ONE COAT OF DURA-KOTE DK 400WB WATER-BASED CLEAR POLYURETHANE WB?
Answer: Technically yes, however, it is not suggested. For the best results, we highly recommend using two thinly applied layers. That said, Dura-Kote Polyurethane products have been known to function better than comparable sealers in situations where a single-coat interior sealer is required.
QUESTION: WILL DURA-KOTE FLOOR POLYURETHANE WB SELF-LEVEL AND FILL SMALL HOLES?
Answer: To a very slight degree, yes. It is a higher solids content coating than an acrylic sealer but is not robust enough to fill large voids.
QUESTION: CAN DURA-KOTE POLYURETHANE CLEAR WATER-BASE BE USED OUTSIDE?
Answer: Yes, this Water-Based Polyurethane coatings is good for indoor and outdoor applications.
QUESTION: I HAVE STRICT VOC LAWS IN MY AREA, CAN I USE DURA-KOTE POLYURETHANE WB?
Answer: Check with your local municipalities to be certain, but given its extremely low VOC rating at less than 75 grams per Liter, this product can be used in almost all states or municipalities.
SPECIFICATIONS AND PROPERTIES OF DURA-KOTE CLEAR WATER-BASED POLYURETHANE:
Coverage Approx 300-400 square foot per gallon, per coat (varies widely based on substrate porosity and application methods) VOC Rating less than 72 g/L Solids Content 57% Pot Life approx 30 minutes Shelf Life 1 year in original unopened container Ready for recoat 6-8 hours (18+ hours at low temperatures) Light Duty Use 24 hours (Up to 48 hours at low temperatures) Heavy Traffic Ready 3 days (Up to 5 days at low temperatures) Full Cure 5-7 days (Up to 14 days at low temperatures) Appearance (cured) Clear Gloss or Satin Appearance (wet) Milky Liquid Water Resistance Excellent beads water Mechanical Stability Excellent Light Stability Excellent Diluent Water Odor Sweet Acrylic Application Temperature 50 – 90 degrees Fahrenheit
CHEMICAL RESISTANCE FOR DURA-KOTE POLYURETHANE SB:
Gasoline no effect at 24 hrs Diesel Fuel no effect at 24 hrs Kerosene no effect at 24 hrs Brake Fluid softens/discolors at 24 hrs Skydrol dulls at 24 hrs