HOW DO YOU APPLY SURECRETE SUREBOND™ ADHESIVE OVERLAY LAYER?
We’ll make it easy to prep your floor with SureBond™:
- Any surface receiving a cement coating must be clean, cured, sound and profiled. See our Surface Preparation products for more information on accomplishing this
- Make sure that temperatures will remain between 50 and 90 degrees Fahrenheit and there will be no precipitation in the applied areas for a 48 hour period following application.
- Add 6-qt’s. Water to a five gal. (18.9 liters) pail.
- Add 1 – SC TruColor™ “color pack” if desired.
- Mix with a handheld concrete mixer equipped with a cage mixing blade for a minimum of 15 seconds.
- Slowly introduce SureBond™ into the pail with mixer running.
- Scrape side of the container with a margin trowel to ensure all dry product is incorporated into the wet mix. 6. Continue to mix for a minimum of 1 minute after all ingredients are combined to achieve a lump-free consistency. Additional water may be added up to a total of 7 qt. (7.1 liters) per 50-pound (22.7 kg) bag.
Please read the Technical Data Sheet (TDS) for Specific mixing methods when using with Deep Patch™, and SureStamp™
FREQUENTLY ASKED QUESTIONS ABOUT OVERLAY BONDING AGENT – SUREBOND™
QUESTION: HOW LONG CAN SUREBOND STAY ON THE SURFACE BEFORE RECEIVING THE OVERLAY COAT?
Answer: Usually only a few minutes, however, this time can be extended if the bond coating is continuously kept wet with a sprayer.
QUESTION: CAN I USE SUREBOND IN CONJUNCTION WITH ANY OTHER BAG MIXES?
Answer: Technically yes, although it is not necessary with any of our other thin overlay products.
QUESTION: SPECIFICATIONS AND PROPERTIES OF SUREBOND:
|| Approx 300-450 square foot per 50 lb bag (Varies based on substrate porosity)
|| 0 g/L
|| 1 year in original unopened container
|| 7 quarts water per 50 lb bag