- The Westie, West Highland White Terrier DogKnocker™ was cast in solid bronze using the age-old art of sand casting. The sand mold for the casting process is used only once, giving each DogKnocker™ its individual character. The Boxer DogKnocker™ was treated with a dark patina, then hand polished and coated with a clear lacquer to protect its original finish. In order to confirm authenticity and quality craftsmanship, your DogKnocker™ carries the signature of artist Michael Healy.
- This hand crafted door knocker includes hardware for easy surface mount installation.
- Each Doorknocker is hand polished and then the knocker is then coated with a clear lacquer to protect the original polished finish
- Michael Healy Artistic Decorative Hardware is created by using the age-old art of sand casting. All of his products are handcrafted in solid brass, solid bronze and solid nickel silver. Michael is involved in every phase of each product's development, from his original sketch to the product's completion. Finally, Michael's signature adorns each piece, confirming its authenticity and quality craftsmanship.
- Each Door Knocker has been coated with a baked catalyzed polyurethane, similar to the clear top coat on an automobile. Occasionally washing your Door Knocker using a sponge with water and a mild soap will help to maintain its vibrant shine. Coating your Door Knocker with a paste wax will also greatly extend the life of the finish. Do not use a brass cleaner or an abrasive pad; this will damage the clear coating and the original polished finish.
- Size: 4.5"H x 4"W x 3.75"D