- Powder Release is used to prevent concrete stamps and tools from sticking to the fresh concrete.
- Generally used to stamp decorative concrete (Concrete Stamp Mats sold here), and create a different color in the finished concrete in areas where the stamp or tool was pushed into the concrete.
- LITHOCHROME™ Antiquing Release powder provides a natural, weathered antique appearance that accents the depth of the pattern and adds realistic variation to imprinted or textured concrete.
- A darker color of release is generally used over a lighter colored concrete for better appearance of relief and depth.
Application / Use:
- Sold 25 Pound Pails to assist in use and storage of the release powder.
- Average coverage is 600-800 sq. ft. per 25lb bucket (use 3-4 lbs per 100 sq. ft.)
- Colors with an * usually require more release to be used than the standard colors do, so plan to get less than the average coverage sq. ft.
- Coverage rates vary with pattern and color.
- View LITHOCHROME TDS.
- View LITHOCHROME MSDS.
- View LITHOCHROME TDS for application data.
- Broadcast over the surface by hand (sprinkle or throw) or with a mason's brush.
- Also brush release onto stamps and tools prior to use.
- Use with adequate Ventilation. Do not breathe dust.
- Wear safety goggles, gloves and dust (particulate) respirator.
- Over-application of release will result in less texture in the pattern.
- Allow concrete to cure, usually a few days, before washing off the Release Powder with water.
- About 90% of the release should be removed prior to sealing to ensure a good bond of sealer to the concrete.
- Remove the release from the highs, BUT NOT THE LOWS of the stamped imprint.