- 1.5" Bulnose Edge Form Liner, re-usable.
- "Bulnose" design creates a shallow curve to the finished concrete edge.
- Create a curved bulnose edge on concrete countertops, pools, steps, etc.
- Edge Form Liners are used to create detailed edging on countertops, pools, steps, etc.
- Made of extremely durable polyurethane that can flex and stay strong.
- Can be used in pre-cast or poured in place concrete work.
- Cut to length easily with a utility knife or chop saw. Join cut pieces using silicone.
- Fast and easy to place in a mold, and quick to clean after use.
- Good for hundreds of uses- Actually gets better with each use as they season.
- Measurements: 95"L x 1.5"H.
- *Occasional imperfections may be present on the Edge Form Liners, and can be removed or altered using a sharp utility knife, or a very abrasive sand paper / resin-bound grinding discs.
- Edge Form Liners can be curved to form a radius edge. If the Edge Form Liner begins to ripple and distort, then the radius is too tight, so you will need to make the curve radius larger to ensure a smooth, consistent edge detail.
- Edge Form Liners can be cut to fit your form. Cut using a SHARP razor knife, or with a chop saw. Liners can be cut straight, or mitered at angles so they fit tightly in your form.
- Place Edge Form Liner in your form and either silicone in place, nail with a small brad finish nailer, or screw through the backing form into the Edge Form Liner.
- For most applications (Precast), run a silicone a bead across the bottom edge of the Edge Form Liner, up any corners, and across any joined together seams, to create a water-tight seal.
- Use of a polyurethane rubber safe Form Release (sold here) is recommended: Form release helps create a smoother finish on the concrete, less air pockets in the concrete edge, and easier to clean the Edge Form Liners when finished.
- Vibrate concrete well (either vibrating the concrete, or rapidly tapping the edges of the forms with a hammer or palm sander), or use your fingers to compact the concrete against the Form Liner to remove as many air pocket voids as possible.
- After the concrete is sufficiently set up (typically 2-3 days for normal precast concrete), remove the Edge Form Liner.
- If the Edge Form Liner needs to be removed before the concrete is cured (usually only when using on cast in place concrete, such as steps or pool decks), make sure to remove edge slowly, evenly pulling the liner 'out' away from the concrete.
- Removal is simple- start on one end, and slowly peel the Form Liner away from the concrete.
- Concrete usually will have small 'bumps' which can be sanded off with quickly with Diamond Sanding Pads (sold here). These bumps tend to disappear the more the Edge Form Liner is used, as it becomes seasoned.
- Fill any air pocket voids with a Concrete Slurry Mix.
- Clean with a stiff brush and water after each use. Any silicone left on the forms should be peeled or scraped off (the sooner the easier to remove). Any hardened concrete and difficult to remove silicone can usually be removed using a wire brush.
- Muriatic Acid can be used to clean of cement residue from the Edge Form Liners in a 20:1 ratio (20 parts water to 1 part muriatic acid). Rub the Edge Form Liner with a stiff nylon brush and the muriatic acid water. Rinse Form Liner thoroughly with clean water.
- Store Edge Form Liners out of direct sunlight, laid out flat.
- If Edge Form Liners ever get curved or twisted so they don't lay flat naturally, the easiest solution is to lay them out flat on a concrete or asphalt surface on a really hot day and let the sun heat them up, straighten them out, and then when they cool they should hold their shape more naturally.
Videos showing some uses of Edge Form Liners:
Video showing start-to-finish concrete countertop, including an Edge Form Liner:
Video showing cutting down the height on a Form Liner using a table saw:
Video showing an Edge Form Liner used in a cast in place concrete countertop form:
Video showing using Form Liners to create steps and bench seating:
Video showing filling in voids and preserving fine detail on a countertop edge:
By far one of the best experiences ever ordering online. My product arrived in two days and when I received the bullnose form liners they were exactly as described!! I will be ordering again for sure.
Delivered quickly and product is just as described
the quality of the mold is great. I would like to see the liners sold in 4 foot sections. My project doesn't fit into buying 8 feet at a time. I'll have quite a bit I'll never use.
We've now ordered several times from Expressions and have been impressed with their knowledge, service and products, They've been nothing but wonderful to work with. They come highly recommended from us.