- Re-usable, flexible sample making mold to quickly and easily create samples of concrete.
- Available in 4 varieties. Select from the drop down menu above when ordering.
- Flexible, yet still rigid enough to support casting.
- Made of extremely durable polyurethane that can flex and stay strong.
- Good for hundreds of uses- Actually gets better with each use as the mold will season.
4 Square Samples:
- 4x 5" Squares: Each mold makes 4 square of concrete 1/2" thick.
6 Rectangle Samples:
- 6x 4 1/8" x 3 3/16" Rectangles: Each mold makes 6 rectangles of concrete, measuring 1/2" thick.
6 Rectangle Samples Extra Deep:
- 6x 4 1/8" x 3 3/16" Rectangles: Each mold makes 6 rectangles of concrete, measuring 1" thick.
- 20 Rectangle Samples:
- 20x 3" x 1" Rectangles: Each mold makes 20 rectangles of concrete, measuring 1/2" thick.
- While not usually an absolute necessity, use of release on the rubber Mold is recommended.
- Apply a release agent that is safe for rubber (sold here) just prior to casting the concrete.
- The Sample Maker Molds are designed to simply be filled with concrete.
- Vibrate the Sample Maker and concrete to remove air pockets.
- Cured concrete samples should easily remove from the rubber Molds.
- Any small bumps in the concrete can be lightly removed with 400 grit sandpaper or a Diamond Sanding Block.
- Most rubber products season from use with concrete, as the cement will fill small air holes in the rubber. Keep that in mind when cleaning the mold, as it may perform better left with some cement residue filling the imperfections in the rubber.
- Clean rubber Mold with a sponge or stiff brush after each use.
- Dried concrete can be removed by carefully scraping with a putty knife or wire brush.
- Difficult to clean molds can be scrubbed with a light muriatic acid wash (20 parts water to 1 part muriatic acid).
- Keep Rubber Molds out of direct sunlight to prolong their life.
- Re-apply release prior to each use.