Concrete Countertop Stain Z Aqua-Stain UV
- Z Aqua Stain-UV is an extremely versatile and long lasting water based concrete stain. It is a safe, non-toxic product used to color various concrete surfaces. It is a great alternative to common acid stains. It contains no hazardous components, yet can produce the mottled, variegated look associated with chemical (acid) stains used in decorative concrete.
- It is UV stable and will not fade from exposure to direct sunlight.
- Aqua-Stain UV can be used alone, mixed, blended or layered for any number of natural looking effects.
- Stains are most commonly applied with a rag, brush, roller, sponge, or pump type sprayer for different effects.
Specifications: Concrete Countertop Stain Z Aqua-Stain UV
- Coverage: 1 Quart Bottle will cover approx. 50 - 75 sq. ft. (per coat) depending on porosity of concrete. Colors shown on charts obtained by applying 2 coats of stain.
- DOWNLOAD: Aqua Stain UV TDS (Instruction Sheet)
Aqua-Stain UV vs Aqua-Tint?
- For outdoor applications, it is safer to use Aqua-Stain UV. On indoor applications with tight finishes such as a burnished or polished surface, Aqua-Tint (sold here) may be the better choice. If the concrete is neither outdoors nor has a polished finish, either product will work well. A rough analogy is the stains are a form of paint, and dyes are more like an ink.
Note: this video shows only one application technique to create a variegated or stone faux finish look. Other application methods such as a brush, sponge, or rag will create different effects.
WARNING: Colors may vary depending on concrete mixture initial color and the porosity of the concrete. The samples below were created on top of a standard gray concrete mix. The mottled effect was created by applying one coat evenly with a rag. Additional coats were then applied in a random, non-uniform applications to give variegated look commonly seen with acid stains. If a more uniform look is desired, this can be achieved with more even applications.