Diamond Wet Polishing Drum Wheels
- Diamond Polishing Drum Wheels.
- Uses: Polishing edges, inside sink edges, corners, and quickly de-burring and smoothing drain holes in cast concrete sinks.
- Drum Wheels should be used WET only (polish with water) and have special holes drilled through the drum so water from your polisher will keep the polishing surface wet. Failure to use wet will greatly reduce the life of the pad on the drums. See below for tips on use!
- Premium grade polishing diamond grit and resin.
- Using a Polisher Extension Shaft (sold here) will help get into hard to reach areas.
Diamond Wet Polishing Drum Wheels Specifications:
- Available in grits: 50, 100, 200, 400, 800, 1500, 3000, and a Set of all 7 grits.
- Overall height: 2 1/4"
- Polishing surface height: 1 3/4"
- Diameter: 1 15/16"
- Fits on a standard grinder/polisher 5/8" arbor.
- Use Tips: When using diamond pads/drums to polish, it's important to use the correct grits in order to prolong the use. If polishing concrete, the lowest grit (50 grit) will do most of the work, cutting and removing concrete until you are satisfied with what you see. So, plan on using up a 50 grit product the fastest and replacing it. Stepping through the next grits, 100 grit, 200 grit, etc. will just be to remove scratches from the one before it, so will last much longer. That said, if you decide to just use a 200 grit to polish and do ALL the work... you will quickly wear out your pad/drum.
The diamond wheel worked for the most part. But it was a one use product, after using it on a kitchen sink cut out I was polishing I had to throw it away due to excessive wear. With my polishing pads I typically can use them on 3 + kitchen countertops. I was also forced to hand finish through 400 grit because the wheel comes in 50 grit only as far as I know. All in all I am happy with this company, it is one of the few companies close to me for concrete countertop products.