- Used to thicken polyurethane rubbers and plastics for making brushed molds and shells.
- PolyFiberII is like Fumed Silica (& brands such as Cabosil), but PolyFiberII offers the benefit of less airborne particles.
- Turns a pourable mold rubber such as Poly 74-20 into a brushable system with any level of thickening desired - thin for a face coat or thicker for subsequent coats.
- Also makes a pourable plastic such as Poly 1512X into a highly versatile, brushable consistency for making lightweight mother molds or mold shells.
- Thickened plastics can be used to create thin, lightweight, laid-up castings.
- Add up to 5% by weight, to thicken the rubber. (ie. if mixing 10 lbs of Rubber, you can add up to 0.5 lbs of PolyFiber II).
- Sold in 1 Gallon (0.5 lbs), 5 Gallon Bucket (3 lbs), and 15 lb. Bag.
- Download: PolyFiber II Series Safety Data Sheet: MSDS.
I was looking for a cheaper yet equally as quality substitute for a thickener I was using and came across this. Works just as well as it's competitors at a fraction of the price, I highly recommend this.