PolyBond Polyurethane Rubber Repair Adhesive
- A polyurethane adhesive that's great for repairing torn polyurethane molds.
- PolyBond is mixed 1A:3B by weight, has a 3 minute working time and a 15 minute cure time. Very strong
- To use, clean the torn rubber mold, apply Polybond Adhesive, and secure or hold the rubber mold in place until adhesive cures.
- Sold in 2 lb. or 32 lb. kits.
How To Repair Rubber Molds
- Before applying adhesive to torn molds, clean the affected area thoroughly. Pressure washing concrete stamps and scrubbing to remove all cement scale and release products. A final cleaning with Denatured Alcohol is a good idea (take care- with respect for health and flammability hazards)
- Generally, thicker molds/stamps are easier to repair than thin 'seamless stamp' molds, because there is more surface area.
- When repairing thin molds with adhesive, consider adding a layer of TieTex Fabric (sold here) to better reinforce.
- If a tear occurs within 24 hours of creating the mold, you may be able to use the same mold material to repair it.