Seal Hair Concrete Countertop and Sink Sealer Matte FinishNOTE: A PROFESSIONAL coating- Seal Hair is the secret weapon of the concrete fabricator- for years it's been used by concrete professionals but is usually kept a secret from others (the competition). Seal Hair is a professional coating product, and can be applied by anyone, but without proper practice, experience, and understanding it may not turn out perfect on the first attempt. Like any sealer, Seal Hair is not guaranteed, simply because it relies on a good application process. If your concrete isn't prepped right (acid etched), dry enough, @75 Degrees F during sealing, or the sealer mixed in-correctly prior to application, then problems can occur. PLEASE, test the product on a small piece, get used to using it, and good at applying it... and you will have a fantastic sealer on your concrete pieces. By purchasing this product, you acknowledge that you understand the risks of using the sealer and accept responsibility for any results. Happy Sealing! - Expressions LTD
Seal Hair Concrete Countertop and Sink Sealer Description:
- What does Seal Hair mean? It simply means Sealer or….Seal-er…or Seal-Hair…
- Matte Finish. Solvent Based coating (will color enhance/darken concrete)
- Also available is the Baby Seal spray on countertop wax- Baby Seal is a natural bees wax designed to protect and condition concrete sealers, stainless steel, glass, mirrors and wood furniture. Baby Seal keeps surfaces streak free from finger prints, surface oils and other contaminants.
- In 2019 the manufacturer of Seal Hair applied for an architectural plumbing code listing. During the (very expensive!) process they submitted several of the popular concrete sealers all of which failed the testing process, specifically abrasion resistance. Tremendous effort was then spent on perfecting a sealer with the best performance, durability, aesthetics and simplicity and the result was Seal Hair.
Coverage of Seal Hair Concrete Countertop and Sink Sealer
- Sold in 40 oz. kits, 4 parts A to 1 part B.
- Each 40 oz. kit. will cover 120 sq. ft. of countertop/sink area when applying the recommended 2 thin coats (applied immediately, wet on wet)
Instructions for Seal Hair Concrete Countertop and Sink Sealer
- Tip: We've found that applying this sealer by rolling in in all directions works better than trying to roll out in straight lines.
- Seal Hair: Application Instructions
- Safety and Data Sheets: Seal Hair Sealer | Accelerator | Baby Seal Wax
- Shipping: SHIPS UPS GROUND ONLY! Air Shipping is not available with this product
Seal Hair is a highly cross-linked, durable surface coating with excellent chemical and abrasion resistance. Water based sealers are reactive and susceptible to standing water. The most common complaint in our industry is the soap bottle or coffee cup ring tattooed into the edge of your customers’ beautiful concrete sink or countertop. Second, is the weak abrasion resistance you get from water based sealers. Shelf life issues make it difficult to store and ship water-based sealers. We spend a tremendous amount of time energy and passion on our projects only to be let down by poor performing sealers.
Seal hair is excellent choice for commercial, residential and high traffic applications. Easy to clean, stain-resistant coating with excellent chemical and abrasion resistance.
Shelf Life and Shipping Stability:
Seal Hair is a solvent-based surface coating with years of shelf life when properly stored. It is stable for winter shipping unlike popular water-based coatings. Water-based sealers have a short shelf life once blended by the manufacturer. Seal Hair is shelf stable and will arrive fresh and ready to use regardless of batch date.
Cost and Application time:
Seal Hair is designed to reduce cost by reducing application time and reducing sealer failures on installed work. Water-based sealers are time consuming to apply. Seal Hair has a pot life of up to 2 hours with a single application window and will save you up to 20% of you project time budget. Seal Hair ends up being around is @ $1.00 per sq/ft. Many fabricator/installers have had great success selling the end customer the Baby Seal Wax Spray, and end up covering the cost of the sealer.