- PlatSil® 73-15 Silicone Rubber is a two-part, platinum-catalyzed, liquid silicone system that cures (RTV) to a white translucent, Shore A15 rubber.
- The transparent nature of the cured rubber makes it a good option for molds that need to be cut after cured – because the model is visible, parting lines can be better determined.
- It is also very useful when casting intricate parts to ensure that the entire mold cavity has been filled with casting material.
- This is a pourable rubber, but it can be easily thickened with PlatThix Liquid Thickener or Fumed Silica for brush-on application.
- For all instructions, and product information please see the TDS below.
- **We often get asked how much is in a kit, and the answer is below. But, to simplify, each 1lb of material is 25 cubic inches, which is just under the size of a 3" x 3" x 3" cube (picture a Rubik's Cube)
- View Platsil 73-15 Technical Data Sheet (TDS)
- View Physical Property Bulletin
- View Safety Data Sheet (SDS)
Shrinkage Upon Cure
4 – 5 hr.
NilNotes:Contamination from sulfur (e.g., sulfur-based clay), amines, tin compounds, cured polyester resin, some paints and some silicone rubbers may inhibit surface cure of platinum-cured rubbers. For additional physical property specifications, refer to the Physical Properties Bulletin.