- AR CRACKNON Fibers: Alkali Resistant chopped glass fibers.
- Cem-FIL fiber made by Owens Corning (view manufacturer's page on this product).
- Should be added to any concrete project, every time! Countertops and Flatwork (Garages/Driveways/Patios/etc.)
- Cem-FIL® alkali resistant (AR) glass fibers have been in use for 40 years in more than 100 countries worldwide to create some of the world's most stunning architecture while offering strong and durable performance in widely varying cement and mortar based applications, including floorings, renders, top screeds, tunnels, utility poles, etc.
- Cem-FIL® AR glass fibers are unique as a concrete reinforcement. Cem-FIL® fibers have the same specific gravity as the aggregates, so assured fiber dispersion is easier to achieve than with other fibers. Cem-FIL® fiber contributes efficiently to the tensile strength before the concrete is able to crack thanks its high Elastic Modulus, its affinity and its efficient bonding with the concrete.
- Cem-FIL® fibers offer superior performance to standard fiber reinforcing with widely varying addition rates designed to meet your specific project specifications.
- Physical State
- Softening point
- Melting point
- Decomposition temperature
- Water solubility
- Moisture Content
- White or off-white
- 860ºC (1580ºF)
- non applicable
- size and mat binders start to decompose at 200ºC
- 2.6 (water = 1)
- < 0.6% (ISO 3344)
- Material: Alkali Resistant Glass (manufactured with high Zirconia content in compliance with ASTM C1666/0 1666/M-07 and EN 15455.)
- Electrical Conductivity: Very low
- Chemical resistance: Very high
- Modulus of elasticity: 72 GPa - 10 x 106 psi
- Tensile Strength: 1,000 to 1,700 MPa - 150 to 250 x 10³ psi (EN 3361 or EN9163)
- Excellent compatibility with cement matrix
- Excellent workability even at high dosage
- Increases chemical resistance (e.g. deicing products)
- Improves freeze/thaw resistance
- Extends serviceability of concrete
- Long term durability of concrete
- Does not float or sink in concrete
- Does not entrap air
- Fast and uniform dispersion
Application / Coverage:
- Filament lengths: 3/4" (18mm).
- Sold in quantities of:
- 1 lb, 2 lbs, 5 lbs, 13.4 lbs. and full pallets (contact us)
- View Chem-FILL 60 Data Sheet
- Concrete and GFRC mix recipes can be found in our Concrete Recipes section.
- When mixing these fibers into standard Concrete Countertop wet-cast concrete batches, a standard mix ratio is 2 oz. Fibers, by weight, to an 80 lb. bag of concrete. Using this ratio, a 1 lb. bag of Fiber will treat about 8 bags of concrete mix.
- GFRC uses a higher amount of Fibers- about 3 lbs of Fibers for an equivalent 80 lbs. of GFRC mix.
- When mixing in Ready Mixed Concrete (trucks), the Fiber can be added at 1 lb per yard, up to 8 lbs. per yard and will virtually eliminate cracking in any concrete work- driveways, patios, stamped concrete, garages, etc. should all have Glass Fiber (just throw it into the truck on the job site, right before starting the pour).