Please Note: We have had a few requests recently for UL Certification on the Drain Pans. We are working with Underwriter Laboratories to come up with a testing process and some form of approval, but it may be some time until we have this process completed. In the meantime, if a building inspector will be required to approve the plumbing this Drain Pan is used in conjunction with, you may need to reach out to your local building department and see what they want for it to pass inspection. In most cases, the inspectors have just wanted to visually inspect the pan and see the quality, and water-tight construction, and have then passed them off. Once we have some form of UL Approval, we will update this information here on our site. Thank you, Expressions LTD.
- Drain Pan for use with slot-drain style sinks.
- Drain pan attaches to the under side of the sink, catch water that falls through the slot-drain, and connects to standard plumbing.
- Drain Pan only- Some of our pans have a threaded section that you will connect to a standard 1-1/4" metal tail pipe piece (NOT INCLUDED). Our new versions have a 1-1/2" diameter by 2" long stainless steel pipe welded on. See below for which sizes have this new welded drain pipe:
- Made of grade 304 solid 1/8" thick Stainless Steel.
- Shallow profile, 1" depth on pan.
- Drain pan has a small flange lip to provide a surface to silicone for a water-tight seal, as well as mounting in place with concrete screws/anchors if needed.
- Custom made size Stainless Steel Drain Pans are sold here. Lead time for custom drain pans is 3-6 weeks.
- A less expensive Black ABS Plastic Drain Pan is also available.
- View TDS (Technical Data Sheet)
- Stainless Steel Drain Pans have a 3/4" wide flange on all 4 sides.
3" Drain Pan: Inner Dimensions: 3"L x 3"W x 3/4"D. Outer Dimensions: 4-1/2"L x 4-1/2"W x 1"D. (1.25" Threaded Drain Area*)
- 13" Drain Pan: Inner Dimensions: 13-3/8"L x 2-3/4"W x 3/4"D. Outer Dimensions: 15"L x 4-1/2"W x 1"D. (1.25" Threaded Drain Area*)
- 17" Drain Pan: NEW SMALLER PROFILE- Inner Dimensions: 17"L x 2"W x 5/8" D. Outer Dimensions: 18-1/2"L x 3-1/2"W x 1"D. (1.5" x 2" Welded Pipe*)
- 24" Drain Pan: Inner Dimensions: 24"L x 2-3/4"W x 3/4"D. Outer Dimensions: 25-1/2"L x 4-1/2"W x 1"D. (1.5" x 2" Welded Pipe Drain*)
- 36" Drain Pan: Inner Dimensions: 36"L x 2-3/4"W x 3/4"D. Outer Dimensions: 37-1/2"L x 4-1/2"W x 1"D. (1.5" x 2" Welded Pipe Drain*)
- 48" Drain Pan: Inner Dimensions: 48"L x 2-3/4"W x 3/4"D. Outer Dimensions: 49-3/8"L x 4-1/2"W x 1"D. (1.25" Threaded Drain Area*)
- 3" Drain Pan: Inner Dimensions: 3"L x 3"W x 3/4"D. Outer Dimensions: 4-1/2"L x 4-1/2"W x 1"D. (1.25" Threaded Drain Area*)
- *Our Drain Pans currently have two drain styles- Our original design uses a threaded area for 1.25" pipe thread for you to thread on your own 1.25" tail-pipe piece (not included). Our newer design (will be available on all pans in the future once current stock is sold out of the threaded ones) uses a welded on drain pipe, 2" long, and 1.5" diameter, which you can just connect any slip plumbing (standard 1.5" plumbing) to.
- Can be used with about any type of sink, with a non-traditional drain. For concrete, create a flat area on the bottom of the concrete, about 3" of concrete to each side of your slot drain. (at least 4-1/2" wide overall). When the concrete is cured (generally after it's installed), silicone will usually be sufficient to hold the drain pan in place.
- If necessary, secure the drain pan to the concrete using concrete screws.
- Place the drain pan against the concrete, position to where it needs to be to catch the water, mark the holes, drill out the holes using a masonry drill bit (A hammer drill is recommended), silicone the lip of the drain pan, place on the concrete, and secure using concrete anchor screws.
- Once installed, the area of the Drain Pan should be periodically flushed with hot water and bleach, usually 10:1 is sufficient (10 parts water, 1 part bleach). Let the bleach 'flush' sit for about 10 minutes, and then flush again with clean hot water. This will keep the Drain Pan area clean and free of mildew.
- An alternative to bleach is to use straight hydrogen peroxide (3% solution). Pour hydrogen peroxide into the Drain Pan, trying to get the solution into all areas of the Drain Pan. Allow to sit 10 minutes, and then flush with hot water.