- SOY GEL, BLUE BEAR Paint and Urethane Stripper is a tried and true stripper, used by consumers for over two decades. This consumer trusted remover effectively removes multiple layers of paint, varnish, enamel, urethane, other single-component coatings, and lead based paint*. Made with soybeans, Paint and Urethane Stripper is a safe, low odor, non-caustic, green coating remover for any DIY project.
- SAFE! No Methylene Chloride
- Removes Multiple Layers with ONE Application
- Made with 100% American Grown Soybeans
- * Ideal for lead-based paint removal. The lead becomes encapsulated in the gel, preventing airborne particles and allowing for safe removal. Dispose of in accordance with all existing local, state, and federal ordinances.
- Coverage per square foot varies depending on the type and age of coatings, number of layers and method of application.
- Horizontal: Average coverage is 125 sq. ft. per gallon (max 200 sq. ft. per gallon)
- Vertical: Average coverage is 75 sq. ft. per gallon
- Safe for use on: Concrete, masonry, wood, and metal
- pH Level: 8.1
- VOC (Volatile Organic Compounds): 49%, 4.249 lb/g, 509 g/l
- Test Area: Due to variances in surfaces and conditions, always test in a small, inconspicuous area before using on complete project.
- Application: Apply a thick layer of SOY GEL Paint and Urethane Stripper by pouring, brushing, squeegee, or commercial airless sprayer. Applying too thin will cause Paint and Urethane Stripper to dry out before removal is complete. Use a scraper to check if the coating is softened down to the surface. If not, wait longer and recheck. When the coating is completely softened, remove with a scraper.
- Clean Up: Use a cleaner/degreaser or water and a scrub brush, mop, or power washer to clean remaining thin residue. Remove excess coating(s) and SOY GEL Paint and Urethane Stripper before using a power washer for final cleaning. Allow surface to dry before further preparations.
Usage Tips From The Pros:
- For large application areas, use a professional airless sprayer or a 4-stage HVLP sprayer.
- For tough coating or numerous layers, use a notched 1/2" squeegee or 1/4" gauge rake. Square footage will be greatly reduced.
- When used outdoors, cover with a 2mil or thicker plastic to help keep Paint & Urethane Stripper wet and working.