This Product is currently available only on Amazon: Concrete Surface Retarder (sold here).
A concrete surface retarder for application to freshly placed horizontal concrete surfaces. It chemically retards, or delays, the set of the concrete to allow the top layer (known as surface mortar) to be removed easily with a hose, at the right time, revealing an attractive exposed aggregate finish.
- Removal of the surface mortar leaves behind the natural aggregate, sands, and stones in the concrete to reveal a decorative aggregate finish.
- The surface is naturally durable with resistance to traffic, weather, and skidding.
- Dries quickly and provides up to 1/4″ depth retardation.
- Reduces costs by eliminating surface preparation necessary for subsequent coatings or methods.
- Safe for use and easy to apply.
- Non-toxic and biodegradable.
- Full application instructions are below in the Technical Data Sheet.
- Sold in 5 Gallon pails
- Coverage: Typical coverage rate is 100 square feet per gallon.
- Coverage rates are provided as a guideline only. Many factors including surface texture, porosity and weather conditions will determine actual coverage rates.