We are currently out of stock on the full 44lb bag size of fiber, and expect more to be available on Oct 2, 2018. Any orders for 44lb size will be held and shipped as soon as the fiber arrives here at our office in Oregon.
Thanks- Expressions LTD!
- AR CRACKNON Fibers: Alkali Resistant chopped glass fibers.
Should be added to any concrete project, every time! Countertops and Flatwork (Garages/Driveways/Patios/etc.)
- Unsure what size to select? 3/4" fiber size is the most common for Concrete and GFRC fiber reinforcement.
- We also have a special Pre-Mixed Blend that has 1/2", 3/4" and 1" fibers.
- 19% zirconia content makes these fibers the highest zirconia content available on the market. Zirconia is what makes the glass fiber alkali resistant. The higher the zirconia content the better the resistance to alkali attack. These AR fibers also have excellent acid resistance.
- Fiber filament diameter is 18 microns. This makes it the best available strand. It has the highest integrity and is most resistant to filamentization during mixing and processing. It is particularly suitable for spray-premix (GFRC).
- AR chopped glass fibers are mixed in to GFRC and Pre-Cast concrete mixes to greatly increase the flexible strength, and reduce shrinkage.
- AR Fibers have a huge advantage over other types of fiber by having a higher specific gravity. This means that the fiber will have about the same gravity of the sand, making the fibers stay away from the cement surface of the concrete.
Application / Coverage:
- Zirconia Content: 19%. Fiber filament diameter: 18 microns.
- Filament lengths: 3/4" (19mm). 1/2" (13mm). 1" (25mm).
- Sold in quantities of:
- 3/4" Fiber: 1 lb, 2 lbs, 5 lbs, 44 lbs. and full pallets (see below)
- Pallets: (Pallets have FREE FREIGHT shipping to US 48)
- 1/2" Length Fibers: 35 Bags (44 lbs. each), 1,540 lbs. total.
- 3/4" Length Fibers: 30 Bags (44 lbs. each), 1,320 lbs. total.
- 1" Length Fibers: 25 Bags (44 lbs. each), 1,100 lbs. total.
- View AR CRACKNON Brochure.
- Concrete and GFRC mix recipes can be found in our Concrete Recipes section.
- When mixing these fibers into standard Concrete Countertop wet-cast concrete batches, a standard mix ratio is 2 oz. Fibers, by weight, to an 80 lb. bag of concrete. Using this ratio, a 1 lb. bag of Fiber will treat about 8 bags of concrete mix.
- GFRC uses a higher amount of Fibers- about 3 lbs of Fibers for an equivalent 80 lbs. of GFRC mix.
- When mixing in Ready Mixed Concrete (trucks), the Fiber can be added at 1 lb per yard, up to 8 lbs. per yard and will virtually eliminate cracking in any concrete work- driveways, patios, stamped concrete, garages, etc. should all have Glass Fiber (just throw it into the truck on the job site, right before starting the pour).