Slot Linear Drain Pan, Stainless Steel - Custom Size
- This is a Custom Made item, taking 3-6 weeks to fabricate. Please specify exact size needs in the Order Notes section when you Check Out.
- Custom made Stainless Steel Drain Pan, for use with slot-drain style sinks.
- PROUDLY MADE IN the USA!!
- Works simply by catching the water from various sizes of non-traditional drains, from all types of material- concrete, Corian/solid surface, marble, slate, natural stone, etc.
- Drain pan attaches to the under side of the sink, catch water that falls through the slot-drain, and connects to standard plumbing.
- Drain Pan only- Plumbing connections not included.
- By default, when we make your custom pan we will weld on a drain tube that is 1.5" diameter (standard plumbing size) and 2" long. You will then connect that to standard plumbing such as:
- Plastic 1.5" Plumbing on Amazon: https://amzn.to/2UktJFV
- Metal plumbing kits on Amazon: https://amzn.to/2U0llN7
- Upon request, we can thread a 1.25" collar on the Drain Pan instead of welding the 1.5" pipe on. For 1.25" threaded plumbing connection tube on Amazon: https://amzn.to/3b7FrKZ
- Made of grade 304 solid 1/8" thick Stainless Steel.
- Shallow profile, @1" pan depth.
- Drain pan has a small flange lip to provide a surface to silicone for a water-tight seal, as well as mounting in place with concrete screws/anchors if needed.
- Standard sizes of Stainless Steel Drain Pans sold here.
- A less expensive Black ABS Plastic Drain Pan is also available.
Specifications Slot Linear Drain Pan, Stainless Steel - Custom Size
- View Welded Drain Tube (New Style) TDS (Technical Data Sheet)
- View Threaded Drain Tube (Old Style) TDS (Technical Data Sheet)
- Stainless Steel Drain Pans typically have a 3/4" wide flange on all 4 sides, but can be customized upon request.
- Custom Length:
- Inner Dimensions: 3" to 93" Long (specify) x 2"Wide.
- Outer Dimensions: Add 3/4" to each side for the flange.
- Outer Dimension Depth: @ 1"Deep (unless otherwise specified).
- Custom pans are made to order and are not returnable.
- *Please specify exact size needs in the Order Notes section when you Check Out.
- Please Note: We have had a few requests recently for UL Certification on the Drain Pans. We are working with Underwriter Laboratories to come up with a testing process and some form of approval, but it may be some time until we have this process completed. In the meantime, if a building inspector will be required to approve the plumbing this Drain Pan is used in conjunction with, you may need to reach out to your local building department and see what they want for it to pass inspection. In most cases, the inspectors have just wanted to visually inspect the pan and see the quality, and water-tight construction, and have then passed them off, or they will ask that the plumber/installer write a simple guarantee for a couple of years, stating they will repair/replace in the event there is a leak with the drain pan.
Installation Slot Linear Drain Pan, Stainless Steel - Custom Size:
- Create a flat area on the bottom of the concrete, about 3" of concrete to each side of your slot drain. (at least 4-1/2" wide overall). When the concrete is cured (generally after it's installed), silicone will usually be sufficient to hold the drain pan in place.
- If necessary, secure the drain pan to the concrete using concrete screws.
- Place the drain pan against the concrete, position to where it needs to be to catch the water, mark the holes, drill out the holes using a masonry drill bit (A hammer drill is recommended), silicone the lip of the drain pan, place on the concrete, and secure using concrete anchor screws.
Care / Cleaning Slot Linear Drain Pan, Stainless Steel - Custom Size
- Once installed, the area of the Drain Pan should be periodically flushed with hot water and bleach, usually 10:1 is sufficient (10 parts water, 1 part bleach). Let the bleach 'flush' sit for about 10 minutes, and then flush again with clean hot water. This will keep the Drain Pan area clean and free of mildew.
- An alternative to bleach is to use straight hydrogen peroxide (3% solution). Pour hydrogen peroxide into the Drain Pan, trying to get the solution into all areas of the Drain Pan. Allow to sit 10 minutes, and then flush with hot water.
We've used Expressions a few times over the years to make custom sized drain pans for our large commercial hospital projects, to match up to different sizes of marble sinks, and they've always delivered a great looking product in a fairly quick time frame- for custom work. We have also had them custom make us drain grate covers for the top side of the sinks. Highly recommended