Important Notes About This Product
- PLEASE NOTE: Some US States have regulated the VOC level allowed for concrete sealer to be used within the state. Please check your local regulations for VOC requirements.
- This product can only ship with FedEx/UPS in 1 Gallon sizes. If ordering 30 gallons or more, then we can sell you the cheaper 5-gallon pails, and ship via a Freight Carrier.
- Please do not select any expedited shipping methods at Checkout. This can only ship FedEx/UPS Ground (NO AIR SHIPPING).
- GemKote uses the same resin as SuperSeal, but formulated for lower VOC content for the state of California.
- Any other state should be able to use SuperSeal (which has 100, 350, 400 and 600 VOC level options).
- GemKote is available in 400 VOC, 350 VOC, and 100 VOC.
- GemKote 400: Formulated to meet VOC requirements in certain states in the Northeast.
- GemKote 350: Formulated to meet VOC requirements in Illinois and Indiana.
- GemKote 100: Formulated to meet VOC requirements in air districts that have adopted the California Air Resources Board's (CARB) 2007 Architectural Coatings Suggested Control Measure.
- GemKote is an aromatic acrylic sealer that can be applied to almost any surface; Concrete, Tile, Cementitious Overlays, and much more.
- European resins make this the sealer of choice.
- Quick Drying (slightly faster than SuperSeal). Dries to a Clear Gloss Wet-Look Finish.
- Interior/Exterior Use.
- UV and Stain Resistant.
- Enhances Color.
- Coverage: 150-200 square feet per gallon, depending on porosity of surface.
- Contains 23% acrylic solids.
- Sold in 1, 5 and 55 Gallons.
- Sold in 1, 5 and 55 Gallons. (1 Gallons ship FedEx/UPS Ground, 5 Gallons ship via Freight- please order in single 1 Gallon containers unless ordering a minimum of 30 gallons total)
- Easy application- Ensure application surface is clean and dry. Apply with brush, roller, or Industrial Concrete Sprayer (sold here). Clean up with xylene.
- Drying time: 4 hours at 75 degrees F. Maximum hardness achieved after 7 days.
- Apply 2 or more light coats with 1-3 hours between coats (or until surface is dry to the touch).
- Avoid applying in direct sunlight, on rainy/foggy days, or during the hottest part of the day. Apply in temperatures between 55°F and 80°F.
- Keep foot traffic off for 24 hours. Allow 72 hours before heavy traffic.
- If used on surfaces not textured for slip resistance, especially in areas water can accumulate, adding a Anti-Skid Additive to the sealer (must be constantly mixed while applying to keep it in suspension) will help prevent slippery surfaces.
- Interior surfaces can be treated with Acrylic Floor Wax once sealed, which is very quick to apply and is the preferred method of routine maintenance to keep the surface protected, and looking great.