DON'T ORDER THIS PRODUCT UNLESS YOU ARE GETTING AT LEAST 10 OF THE PAILS (5-gallon each)! THIS 5-Gallon SIZE MUST SHIP FREIGHT. FOR SMALLER THAN 50 gallons TOTAL, PLEASE ORDER IN 1-GALLON SIZES SO WE CAN SHIP NORMAL UPS/FEDEX TO YOU.
GemKote Low VOC Solvent Based Acrylic Curing Compound and Sealer
This is the best overall outdoor concrete sealer- just like SuperSeal 2000. GemKote meets stricter VOC regulations, but applies, looks, and functions the same as SuperSeal 2000. Use this on your driveway, patio, pool deck, garden benches, firepits. This is a solvent based sealer, which is great because you'll need to apply this sealer periodically as the sun and weather (and driving on it for a driveway) will slowly wear it down, and re-applying a Solvent Based Acrylic sealer is easy! When you apply a new coat a year or two from now, the solvents will work their way into the old sealer, and re-emulsify it and the new sealer coat will mix in with it, creating a brand new sealer look again.
Important Notes About This Product
- This product can only ship via Freight shipping (on a pallet). For smaller quantity needs, please order this sealer in the 1-gallon size (Sold Here) which we can ship with regular UPS/FedEx Ground shipping.
- No Free Shipping on this product. Please order separately from other items that may qualify for Free Shipping.
- Freight Shipping will be calculated after you place the order, and will need to be paid before we ship. Please contact us if you would like a freight shipping quote ahead of time.
- GemKote uses the same resin as SuperSeal, but formulated for lower VOC content for the state of California.
- Any other state should be able to use SuperSeal (which has 350 and 700 VOC level options).
- GemKote is available in 400 VOC, 350 VOC, and 100 VOC.
- GemKote 400: Formulated to meet VOC requirements in certain states in the Northeast.
- GemKote 350: Formulated to meet VOC requirements in Illinois and Indiana.
- GemKote 100: Formulated to meet VOC requirements in air districts that have adopted the California Air Resources Board's (CARB) 2007 Architectural Coatings Suggested Control Measure.
- GemKote is an aromatic acrylic sealer that can be applied to almost any surface; Concrete, Tile, Cementitious Overlays, and much more.
- European resins make this the sealer of choice.
- Quick Drying (slightly faster than SuperSeal). Dries to a Clear Gloss Wet-Look Finish.
- Interior/Exterior Use.
- UV and Stain Resistant.
- Enhances Color.
- Coverage: 150-200 square feet per gallon, depending on porosity of surface.
- Contains 23% acrylic solids.
- Sold in 1, 5 and 55 Gallons.
- Sold in 1, 5 and 55 Gallons. (1 Gallons ship FedEx/UPS Ground, 5 Gallons ship via Freight- please order in single 1 Gallon containers unless ordering a minimum of 50 gallons total)
- Easy application- Ensure application surface is clean and dry. Apply with brush, roller, or Industrial Concrete Sprayer (sold here). Clean up with xylene.
- Drying time: 4 hours at 75 degrees F. Maximum hardness achieved after 7 days.
- Apply 2 or more light coats with 1-3 hours between coats (or until surface is dry to the touch).
- Avoid applying in direct sunlight, on rainy/foggy days, or during the hottest part of the day. Apply in temperatures between 55°F and 80°F.
- Keep foot traffic off for 24 hours. Allow 72 hours before heavy traffic.
- If used on surfaces not textured for slip resistance, especially in areas water can accumulate, adding a Anti-Skid Additive to the sealer (must be constantly mixed while applying to keep it in suspension) will help prevent slippery surfaces.
- Interior surfaces can be treated with Acrylic Floor Wax once sealed, which is very quick to apply and is the preferred method of routine maintenance to keep the surface protected, and looking great.